Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
must fight urges to play GT2.. must not remove chains from its case.. mustn't open safe... cannot dig up safe... arrgg... accckk

must study for test tommorow.. slap.. slap.. damn it where's my shovel... i gotta bury GT1 with GT2... ack..

K

·
0 Posts
Where the hell did you get it? I went to Best Buy today and they had nothing. HMMMMMMMM..........Michigan isn't that far of a drive!!! See you in a few hours!!!

Derrick

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove all over half of South East Michigan looking for the damn thing! SO I found it at Funcoland of all places. (New/used game retailer if you're not familiar with them) I almost wet myself when my Visa didn't go through the first time. Second swipe got it though. Multiple copies! My connection at Best Buy bombed out because they didn't get their shipment in.

Look upon it with reverence in your heart and know hope is in sight....

Yes....I scanned the case

K

·
0 Posts
DAMMIT.....I went to like 4 places again last night and the only answer I got was next week or a few will be released tomorrow but only to those who ordered it ahead of time. I went to Funcoland last night and they said next week!!!!!! Guess who will be at their door before they are tomorrow morning!! And if they don't have it I guess I will be driving to Michigan. Oh yeah, I called Circuit City and they said it was out and I was all ready to do a buck 20 down there and my friend who works there called down to reserve a copy for me and the guy he talked to said it wasn't out yet. How cruel is that!!??!! EXTREMELY DISTURBING!!!!!!!!

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hey, I am glad they call the GTO, 3000GT, but I think that the 3000s got the shaft when it comes to performance. The Tach redlines at 6750? And it only goes up to 7000RPMs. That stinks. I am not sure, but I don't the the 3000 will pass 700 hp. Oh well, it is still the best looking car in the game.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

[This message has been edited by Tqlla (edited December 18, 1999).]

·
Registered
600 Posts
I WAS supposed to go out tonight.... but a friend of mine got me a "copy" of GT2 import version.... I placed an order for GT2 but it hasn't come yet. ITS AWESOME!!! Dirt rally mode is insane! The car physics seem to be a little different, but better. Braking seems to be more realistic.... I always believed that GT1 was very optimistic when it comes to braking performance. Also, the tracks that we all know and love are there but the graphics are much improved. The best thing about the game.... THE CARS!.... oh yeah! I just finished driving a Austin Mini Cooper!!! GEEZ I LOVE THAT CAR!

God I wish I knew Japanese!

Jose Soriano
(can't wait to the the English Version)
I'll be up all night.... got the coffee brewing!

K

·
0 Posts
Hmmmmmm....maybe Virginia would be closer to drive to. All places around where I live thta have it in say you can only get it if you have it on reserve. Or else wait till next week. Something about a limited number....whatta bunch of shit!! Here's the plan, I wait outside the store for some unsuspecting idiot to get their copy, follow them into the parking lot, smack um on the back of the head with my tire iron. I'll have GT2 and they'll never know what hit them. HEHEH........ Oh yeah, Gatecrasher, that's just mean posting those pics of the cover.....you know, kinda like showing a junkie his stuff but not giving to him. So much for living in Dutch country PA. This sucks!!!

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
You would be SOL in VA too! The guys at EB told me that they didn't have enough even for those who preordered. He said that I was lucky for ordering it reeeeel Early!

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

K

·
0 Posts
I went all over once again today to find nothing at all the same places. Walked into Best Buy, just happened to go back to the games(figured what the hell). And there was a employee there with 3 games in his hand but I couldn't see what they were. He looked around real cautiously and then reluctantly put them down. There in front of my eyes was everything i'd been looking for. I had to read the label 3 times just to make sure I saw what I saw. I picked one up and held it very close to me the whole time I was in the store. Then when i got out to my car i put it in my glove box and locked it. Needlessly to say, I now have GT2!!!!! And the world shall be a better place. Heheh............ See everyone in a few months!!

Derrick

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Keno! Glad to see that you didn't have to resort to the TNT you mentioned in the other thread! BTW, has anyone notices that the 3000GT SL is listed as 4WD and the back of the 3000's all still say GTO? And the turbo models are listed at 276hp. You'd think that durning the time they spent stalling the game, they could at least change the performance specs to match the US names. They should have just left them as GTOs.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I just stopped by ToyWorks and they have like 40 copies of GT2. Price is $39.99
I was going to buy it but am going to wait till Christmas to see if I get a steering wheel and maybe the game too. If I don't then I'll go a purchase them. Any suggestions on the steering wheel controller? Maybe I can buy a take off 3000gt steering wheel from a junk yard and install it to the controller

Thanks,
Andy

P

·
0 Posts
for all the people in NJ
Best Buy at east windsor has at least 15 GT2 in stock. I just pick up 2 of them, i couldn't believe it!!!!!
everywhere else they told me i have to wait 2-3 weeks more.
petros

1 - 14 of 14 Posts