Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Flame Intended Here......But....
I don't feel it's appropriate to post all the details of the failed transaction on this board. I'm sure Kevin was upset and will probably be more so when he reads this thread. It sounds like an honest oversight (although a serious one) but I think some arrangement agreeable to both parties could have been worked out in lieu of what did transpire. I realize that business is business but I think Kevin got the short end of the stick on this deal. I hope that Kevin will post his .02 on this.

Bob

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Hi all, yes it's back on the market. Kevin Calvano WAS supposed to buy it, flew down here, but showed up with a cashier's check that was not signed by the bank officer!! He was inside the car ready to leave when I went outside to inform him of this. He called his friend at the bank and he told him that he could do nothing about it until Monday. Kevin decided to ask his buddy down that he was staying with here or his uncle in Thousand Oaks if one of them would vouch for him and write a "hold" check until the $$ arrived via wire transfer to me on Monday. I guess no one stepped up, and Kevin was upset so he decided to blow the whole deal and just fly home.. I feel that maybe he wanted to take the car home and me to just take his word that his friend would wire the $$ on Monday, but I have been hurt in the past and I could not take this chance.. Was I wrong to do this?? I didn't think so, so comes the point, I blew off 2 SERIOUS buyers to let Kevin take the car since he was first and also a 3SI member.. Oh well, it's back on the market, and here is the description.... It's a 1991 VR-4 with 78K red/charcoal, and the interior is like brand new, the original owner had sheepskins on the seats from brand new!! the paint and body are really nice, no scratches or dents etc, and glossy paint.. Totally stock as this is my daily driver, and has been thoroughly checked out by us here at GT PRO.. VERY well maintained!! Accepting offers!! Make me an offer!!! I will also cover the car with a 12month or 12,000 mile warranty!!! Can't get any better than this!! C'mon help me out here guys, pass the good word on.. Best offer over $9500.00 will take it!! Oh, their's no leinholder I own it outright, I have the CLEAN title (NO SALVAGE HERE), so the transaction is simple and easy!!

R

·
0 Posts
Business is business....it's got to be on the level and have all conditions agreed upon by all parties met....nothing wrong with that...hmmmmm....that doesnt very well account for my 17 years of marriage and the fact that if i'd ever signed one of my own paycheck, it'd be a forgery...dont know why that occured to me.....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Shame it didn't work out. I suspect Kevin was well intentioned also, but money is money, and I can't blame Brian for not wanting to take a chance / got hrough hassles, with a large amount of money in a long distance transaction. I travelled 700 miles to buy my car, and you can bet that before I left, I double, triple, and quadruple checked everything so as to eliminate any complications. Lesson learned? Of course, Kevin will also have a side, and I'm sure if he wants to tell it, he will.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Hi Bob, no flame taken.. I just wanted the other interested parties to understand that the car was back on the market, and why. I didn't want anyone to think that I drug Kevin out here to pick up a garbage car, and that was why he backed out. I felt it nesessary to explain the details so no one gets the wrong idea. I know Kevin came with good intentions, and I was not trying to bash him, I just wanted the details there, so it was clear why the car was back on the market. Trust me, I would have loved to have told Kevin to just take the car and pay me later, but I just didn't feel right as I have been hurt a few times lately, and Joe P. if you are out there, I am still waiting for my intake manifold (over 3 months).. I try to trust everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is a large sum of money, and what about the liability?? if he wrecked the car or someone hit him or the car got stolen on his way home?? Then what?? I just wanted a "clean" transaction, that's all. Can you blame me?? I think that I would have been the first to say, "yeah just take it", but with a bad experience just 3 months back, I was not going to do it. If this other deal didn't go sour, I probbably would have done it.. Well, long winded is over..Thanks..
Oh, MR VR-4 the car has been recently serviced by us at GT PRO timing belt, tensioner, idler bearing, tensioner bearing, water pump, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, oil filter, tranny service, transfer case service, diff. service, inspected brakes, inspected fluids etc.. The car is fresh and ready to go.. Going to need front tires, and one front strut is going south that is about it..I may handle that too if the bid is right..

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian GTPRO....I guess you had plenty of good reasons for not letting Kevin take the car. And after seeing the cards on the table, you were well justified in doing what you did. I just felt bad for Kevin because he was really "in VR4 Heaven" the night before he flew out to pick up the car. Diablo had a good point also about double and triple checking everything before moving on a transaction such as this. I guess I got a little egg on my face on this one =-\

Bob

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Bob, to be quite honest I felt bad too... But I had lots of things riding on this transaction, and my wife's Christmas present too!! She was not happy either, and we had a gloomy weekend, I know Kevin did too, and trust me I feel bad for him too.... Oh well, nothing we could do about it, so the marketing continues..

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
let's just chalk it up as something that didn't work out.
just for the record, i did not expect brian to let me take the car without payment(the thought did not even enter my mind). business is business and i fully understand this as i am self-employed. i was however very upset(at my CU) for making such a stupid mistake. but i was rushing around trying to do this under such a short time frame, and something got overlooked. and i had very limited time in cali because i had to return to work in kansas.
was it a wasted trip? no. i spent time with family and enjoyed the great cali weather. though i do feel bad that brian was depending on that money before christmas.

kevin calvano

S

·
0 Posts
I bought my (1 VR$in NYcity and they didnt trust me at all.I showd up with a cashiers check and we went to cash it,the bank said that we could have no money today.....well that didnt sit well for the owner and since I drove down from Maine they really wanted to give me the car.But not without cash in hand.I got the car that day...without a title. so that I couldnt register it.It took 14 days for the idiots at the cu to clear that (good as cash)piece of shit check.this really made me look bad.I feel sorry for Kevin hope he finds another VR4....Brian ,glad you sold it...your a good businessman.....Mark

D

·
0 Posts
SPACSHUTL DID YOU BUY YOUR CAR RECENTLY CAUSE i WAS LOOKING AT ONE IN N.Y ON EXCITE CLASSIFIEDS A 91 WHITE AND I SEE THEY ARE NO LONGER ADVERTISEING IT

D

·
0 Posts
SPACSHUTL DID YOU BUY YOUR CAR RECENTLY CAUSE i WAS LOOKING AT ONE IN N.Y ON EXCITE CLASSIFIEDS A 91 WHITE AND I SEE THEY ARE NO LONGER ADVERTISEING IT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts