Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at this fuel system on DR.com and was wandering if it was really worth it or is there a cheaper way.. In a couple of months I plan to get some DR-650's

Later

JJ

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
if your gonna get the Dr650's you will not need that.

I have the APexi AFC, some 550cc injectors and a walbro fuel pump ( can be bought for $800 for all) and that will let you run the 650's just fine, with the other 1200hp kit from grpro you still have to but a AFC. This isnt the best way but a lot of people dont have any probs with this setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you run your car yet? It that setup put me in the 11's?

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
last time a ran my car was with just boost controller and an intake with a slipping clutch and bad 2nd and 3rd syncro and got a 13.9 with a 2.1 60ft time :( I know for a fact that the way the car pulls when its in gear (sometimes) That it would be cableable of 12.7's or so with a good launch. If you got that setup you would have the potential of a 11 sec car, just depends on your 60ft time and shifting i guess.

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
is gtpro sponsoring your car, fierce? you seem to get semi-defensive whenever a question about one of their products comes up - am i missing something?
Matt

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
A user on the board called ek2mfg makes adapters for our stock fuel rails that put AN (common fuel line) fittings on both ends. Using AN fittings, line, and a universal fuel pressure regulator, (all available at Summit Racing, etc) you can put together a killer fuel system for MUCH less than $1200.

- Brian

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
i'm just curious, not trying to get mean about it... i see no other reason to pipe and justify a shops products all the time. that's all
Matt

·
Beach Bum
1,724 Posts
Yeah I'm running a GT-PRO car. Pretty much every possible mod GT-PRO sells along with some pitroad-m products are on the car. Although I'm not directly sponsored, I do have a close relationship with the shop and I'm only stating what I have learned from the past 2 years of building my car. GT-PRO has been nothing but helpful and instrumental in my build-up therefore I will give them props where it's due. I also have the prototype of the Magnum Fuel system in my car. I pushed Brian hard for him to come out with something like that and it paid off. In fact the pics on the Dynamic website of the kit are mine from when I first installed it. I know Valheru had a nightmare of a time installing his AAM fuel kit. Mine bolted up in a couple of hours. I had a few problems with hose lengths which I reported to GT-PRO and Brian has since noted the changes to the kit for future members. There is also not a cleaner looking setup in the market. It's ingenious the way it was designed. It's pricey yes but worth every penny IMO if you're going to go all out.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'll be honest. I just want the fuel rails. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts