Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this guy who wants to race me for money...50 bucks... he has a gsr the only mods i noticed when i observed his car is he lowered it, intake and exaust. I have the same things as he does... who would win from a stop? any ideas?

·
Registered
341 Posts
You have the same thing he does? What the hell do you mean by that? First off, the integra is a shit load lighter than you. Also, what do you have exactly (it appears to be a well gaurded secret in your sig :D ) Anywho, I have a base too, but with a lil more spunk. ;) I have taken a Hon-duh VTEC or two in my day! They should be about the same, think so? Don't be afraid of it. You might blow him away. Besides, it's only 50 bucks!:(
Oh, and a tip. I have noticed many, many times that my car mysterously runs a hell o' lot faster around 1/4 of a tank of gas. I don't know why, but have heard the SOHC's like us fell this change. Try it out!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha your funny.... yeah your car is better then mine :D how fast do you run? did u get a dohc coversion? ....

P

·
0 Posts
friend has a blown GSR that will run hi 13's said the blower took like a second off his time. It might be a acura but its also 50$

Ryan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please... try it from 40, on your 2nd gear. By the time your 3rd ends at 95 MPH, I guarantee you're ahead of him. I did a Type R like this. Never race a lighter car from stop, I learned my lesson. Good luck. Post the result.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
There are like a million GSR's at the track every week. Most of them run a mid 15, with a couple running low 15's, and one running a 14.3 on drag radials. The only SOHC Stealth I've seen at the track ran a 16.1 with intake. The numbers aren't in your favor. Save your money.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess its time to save my money for some other things haha thanks guys...

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
lamvu187 said:
i guess its time to save my money for some other things haha thanks guys...
NAAAWWWWSSSSSS:rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I raced my friend's Integra GSR in my SOHC stealth. All he had done to it was cold air intake. He was getting exhaust the next week, but for some reason he felt like he had to race me. I know that our cars are almost identical in the stock HP department and he has the weight advantage. We raced at a stop light. I got about a 1/4 of a car length jump on him because I had a better reaction time. I kept about a 1 car length lead the whole time. I wasn't really expecting that. It just goes to show you, it's not all the car...it is the driver too. The best advice I can give you is to work on you launches ALOT. If you have an automatic....your SOL....but if you have a manual, it would be a good race to watch. Just work on your launches over and over and over and over. I won't race him now though. He now has intake, exhaust, a little turbo and a nice little shot of NOS. :D

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
what about the dohc? slightly modded with an oh say.. intake, and safc, with hiflow cat? vs integra gsr with intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
motronic said:
Please... try it from 40, on your 2nd gear. By the time your 3rd ends at 95 MPH, I guarantee you're ahead of him. I did a Type R like this. Never race a lighter car from stop, I learned my lesson. Good luck. Post the result.
there is your answer yogurt.

our second gear is damn long....and it pulls after 65...at least in my car..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry it took so long to reply...

No, I didn't have the DOHC conversion. I would have had to change the ECU and all of the ignition (SOHC's have distributor and DOHC's have coils) The conversion would have been real big money. I wanted all new parts, so getting them out of a wrecked one would have been out of the question.

·
Registered
683 Posts
YOGURT! said:
what about the dohc? slightly modded with an oh say.. intake, and safc, with hiflow cat? vs integra gsr with intake and exhaust?
DOHC's are faster then a GS-R, but not faster then a type-R

·
Registered
85 Posts
I owned a 95 base model...COMPLETELY STOCK...with 130k miles on it with an average oil change occurring at about every 10k miles :) joke..but it was close to that! And I ran a 15.3 at 93. GSR's run high 15's...though I've never seen one actually run that...thats just what Motor Trend tells me. It'll be close in my opinion...try it out and tell us how it went. good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts