Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I didn't get a call. (i'm the guy that showed up in person last monday).

3rd brake light is a dealbreaker for me.
it looks nice as is. But for legal reasons, I'd rather have the cutout.
I can wait for the fixed batch.
I'm going over every purchase in our system right now to make sure no one was missed. Looks like I may have missed you but now I know. What was your name sir?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
still haven't posted a single picture, I'm starting to wonder if you guys are just taking everyone for a ride.

I've been dying for one of these, but for like reasons above i don't feel comfortable paying in advanced with no evidence such a thing exists as well as a potential 1 year waiting period.

·
ChuckSport
77 Posts
still haven't posted a single picture, I'm starting to wonder if you guys are just taking everyone for a ride.

I've been dying for one of these, but for like reasons above i don't feel comfortable paying in advanced with no evidence such a thing exists as well as a potential 1 year waiting period.
Pictures on page 14...

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts

I suggest that you start by a) looking at the last few pages of this thread b) check out the company's reputation c) put a filter on what you say before doing said research. Extreme Dimensions has been around for a long time, and has products for numerous platforms.

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts
Anybody else troubled by the $69 shipping fee? I am getting billed again it seems... for what I have already paid for!

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts
I paid the 278.30 shipped, it shows a $69 shipping fee but it shows the wing as $209.30 + $69 totaling the $278.30...
That's what my invoice says and that's what I paid. Maybe I read it wrong but it sure seems like their requesting me to pay again.

·
Money pit owner.
2,666 Posts
can any of you guys that received one of these wings able to comment on the quality, fit, finish and strength of the wing?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just got mine and test fitted it. Seems fairly strong. It only has 3 mounting bolts and no locating pins, but was still very easy to mount. It fits very well, and i dont see or feel any defects or big gouges. There was one pin hole in the back of one of the supports, but it's so small it's hard to even see.

My only complaint is you have to remove the wiper motor in order to get the left side bolt in as it uses the rear bolt holes to mount instead of the front ones like the stock wing. And as far as i can tell, you cant remove the wiper motor without removing the arm, which makes it very difficult to keep the wiper and wing at the same time.

Overall it looks and fits well. I currently am only using two bolts as its just a test fit, and its still pretty sturdy.

·
Money pit owner.
2,666 Posts
My only complaint is you have to remove the wiper motor in order to get the left side bolt in as it uses the rear bolt holes to mount instead of the front ones like the stock wing. And as far as i can tell, you cant remove the wiper motor without removing the arm, which makes it very difficult to keep the wiper and wing at the same time.
thanks for the feedback! I removed my rear wing once and it seems to me I had to remove the wiper motor (left it attached to the arm), in order to access the stock wing mounting bolt.

so are you saying that the ED replica wing won't work with the rear wiper?

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you can pull the wiper motor out of the way without moving the arm, then there shouldn't be any issues. I unbolted the motor, but it didn't move, so i didn't keep going.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yup, I'm pretty happy with it. Think I'm gonna try to light my center garnish to make up for the the spoiler light being gone. Always thought it woukd look really cool.

·
Money pit owner.
2,666 Posts
perhaps someone with a real 1996 car and stock wing can comment about the rear wiper arm, is the wiper arm located in a slightly different place or different position than other years of the Stealth? attached are some 1996 wing pictures I found while surfing, could be people on this site's cars.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.