Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Forgot I was supposed to update this. I didn't get as much time as I'd hoped to work on the car this past weeked... my DD decided it wanted some attention. I did however spend enough time staring at it to formulate my suggested plan of attack.

An extra set of hands may be required.

It appears the best way to access the bolt hole is from the rear of the wiper motor (same hole). With the hatch raised I can just slide my hand in above the motor from the rear and touch the pin from the oem spoiler (which is the location of EDs bolt).

You can also access this pin from the body opening behind the one the motor is in. However, it becomes to thin to fit fingers through before you get to the pin. It will however allow you to get a wrench on it.

So here's my game plan:
1) spoiler gets loosely bolted onto the body using the middle and passengerside bolts.
2) bolt goes up into hole immediately behind/above wiper motor
3) bolt gets turned by a wrench inserted through the next rearward access hole. (fingers of hand holding the bolt is just applying light pressure from below to keep it in place while it gets started.
4) (optional?) person #2 wiggles spoiler a bit during #3 to help line up bolt/hole

As I haven't tried this yet, i'm making no claims that it works... but that's the plan of attack I'm hoping to follow this weekend and the one that seems most likel to me.

If you can figure out a way to get at it with a couple of 1/4" drive extensions and universal joints that may also be a possibility... I just haven't devised a good way to keep the universals aimed the correct direction yet.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
hmm... I left a message today but they bumped the other thread instead of replying to this one. I'll call again when they open tomorrow morning and prod Paul for an update (assuming he doesn't see this before then).

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Apparently they already have them, and are selling them

91 96 Dodge Stealth 96 Look Duraflex Body Kit Wing Spoiler 109964 | eBay

Unless those are the ones without the Third brake light...but you think they would make a note of that since the picture shows the third brake light if that was the case, I could see that pissing alot of customers off....Cause I almost bought this until that was brought to my attention.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I am showing 6/10 right now for delivery. Also, in regards to the questions of it being sold on ebay. We have seperate part numbers. If you buy off of ebay, you will get the third brakelight. You just have to wait to get it, because it's on order right now. Only I can sell the wings without the brakelight, so I have control over that initial stock.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Good news everyone! The light fixture is now fixed and everyone's orders are being boxed for shipment. All future orders will be for the third brakelight option and the non brakelight option is still available for a discounted price.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I want to apologize to the forum for having to wait so long. This will be the last group buy that gets done in a while. I kind of got thrown into the middle of this once my co worker quit. But everyone was really patient & I'm grateful. Just know that I will be offering the wing at an extra discount so we can start getting these bad boys on some cars. Just PM me for pricing.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.