Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
I would have to really look at it, but i could have sworn its identical to my earlier stealths.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
So any news or we will just hope they are right 3 months from now? Don't mind waiting for the correct product, just curious.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
E.D., any thoughts of selling these oddball production wings at a discounted rate?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'd suggest calling Paul directly about wanting to purchase the "no-light" spoilers that people didn't want.

Meanwhile, I'd love to hear feedback from the people that chose to take this version rather than waiting for the fixed/updated ones. Mine should be here either friday or monday so be expecting pics from me soon! Maybe it will give me the motivation to finally get around to cutting the lexan and insalling my ED carbon hatch too...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I'm trying to work out a defective wing sale, the general concensous was....WHAT THE F IS THAT?! haha. So I don't know how many 3Si members will want them. If you are interested, feel free to PM me and I will give you a LARGE discount.

Meanwhile group buy members, I am working on getting you a better date for a 3rd brake light wing. They are reworking the mold now.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm super slow getting these taken and posted...

But here's some pics of my "Defective" Carbon fiber Super Banana!

Super pumped to get this thing on the car! There isn't a defect in the carbon to be found and the finish is super clear and glossy. It looks fantastic in person!

Thanks ED !!!

:qgiggity:

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Super pumped to get this thing on the car! There isn't a defect in the carbon to be found and the finish is super clear and glossy. It looks fantastic in person!

Thanks ED !!!
Nice! what color is your car?

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
I'm trying to work out a defective wing sale, the general concensous was....WHAT THE F IS THAT?! haha. So I don't know how many 3Si members will want them. If you are interested, feel free to PM me and I will give you a LARGE discount.

Meanwhile group buy members, I am working on getting you a better date for a 3rd brake light wing. They are reworking the mold now.
By "large discount" do you mean $30? That's all you offered me for a discount if I accepted the defective wing instead of waiting for the second batch.

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
My only complaint is you have to remove the wiper motor in order to get the left side bolt in as it uses the rear bolt holes to mount instead of the front ones like the stock wing. And as far as i can tell, you cant remove the wiper motor without removing the arm, which makes it very difficult to keep the wiper and wing at the same time.
has anyone else had issues with their rear wiper arm/motor while installing the 96 wing? Or is the problem solved and now the 96 wing fits fine with the rear wiper arm/motor?

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
You were also already part of a group buy. You were getting a big discount to begin with.
Well, this will be my only purchase from a vendor such as yourself. I've waited it out from excuse after excuse of when they'll be ready and only to see your quality assurance program is non-existent. I suppose we (the group buy folks) who opted to wait and get a "correct" product, in which we paid in full for, will see delays and some other sort of excuse for non-receipt of product!?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I had a large rant typed up about not knocking vendors who take on financial risk by making new products available to our platform... but I realized that daneboy "probably" just needed to vent some frustration... at least that's my hope. And with all the delays, some frustration is warranted and to be expected

Keep in mind that the large discount statement was aimed primarily at the non-groupbuy lurkers... and for them, depending on what the GB members paid, an additional $30 off that translates to a 15% to 25% (possibly more depending on what they're offering about shipping) discount for non-GB peeps... which is pretty substantial.

Gawdzinner and Gearhead,
I'll have a chance to mount up my spoiler this weekend. I'll mount it up to my stock hatch with wiper first. That hatch currently has a stock 96 spoiler on it so I'll be able to take pictures of the mounting of both. Based on what you guys are saying and what I remember the difference mounting is due to ED using the rear most mount as the bolting location. If I remember correctly (I may not... it's been 9 months since I've looked at the mount) the OEM used a bolt in the front of the leg and a "push-pin" in the location where ED has the bolt. That might mean dropping the wiper motor enough that you can reach your fingers behind it to get the bolt started? I remember it being tight in there... I'll see what I can come up with for suggestions on the easiest way to go about it.

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Gawdzinner and Gearhead,
I'll have a chance to mount up my spoiler this weekend. I'll mount it up to my stock hatch with wiper first. That hatch currently has a stock 96 spoiler on it so I'll be able to take pictures of the mounting of both. Based on what you guys are saying and what I remember the difference mounting is due to ED using the rear most mount as the bolting location. If I remember correctly (I may not... it's been 9 months since I've looked at the mount) the OEM used a bolt in the front of the leg and a "push-pin" in the location where ED has the bolt. That might mean dropping the wiper motor enough that you can reach your fingers behind it to get the bolt started? I remember it being tight in there... I'll see what I can come up with for suggestions on the easiest way to go about it.
thanks for the update lobo2112!

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
I had a large rant typed up about not knocking vendors who take on financial risk by making new products available to our platform... but I realized that daneboy "probably" just needed to vent some frustration... at least that's my hope. And with all the delays, some frustration is warranted and to be expected

Keep in mind that the large discount statement was aimed primarily at the non-groupbuy lurkers... and for them, depending on what the GB members paid, an additional $30 off that translates to a 15% to 25% (possibly more depending on what they're offering about shipping) discount for non-GB peeps... which is pretty substantial.
Yeah I needed to "vent"! lol I am trying to get the car ready for UMG and this was something I wanted to have installed beforehand. Oh well...

-Dan

181 - 200 of 213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.