4 Jon (PeralVR4)
5 Eddy (hpp3) CANADA, pending fitment & shipping inquiries
6 Vitali (vitalivr4)
7 3kgtSL91
8 3kgtSL91

·
is here
325 Posts
Sorry, this probably sounds like somewhat of a ridiculous question, but these would have the ability to get painted, yes? If, in the off chance, they look out of place as their original color, I would like to know if it could be reasonable to paint them? If so, I think I am in. Pending fitment.

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,921 Posts
i'll take 2 sets!

1. Dave (my923ksl)
2. Tim (gtox) australia
3 chris (3000gtmr) pending fitment
4 jon (peralvr4)
5 eddy (hpp3) canada, pending fitment & shipping inquiries
6 vitali (vitalivr4)
7 3kgtsl91
8 3kgtsl91
9 kelvin (kelvinturbo)
:d

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sorry, I've been neglecting to update this thread. I wanted to reply when I had pictures installed, but no one came down to fit the panels. There is another 3000gt in the works that may come in, and if that guy also flakes out I will most likely just sell a pair to someone to test fit, and if they do not fit for some reason I will give them their money back, this way I'll be able to get some good pictures.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
1 SET AVAILABLE $299 SHIPPED FOR TEST FITTING PICTURES

Someone who has autobody experience / fiberglass experience. They may require light modifications to install, so you must be someone with experience fitting fiberglass parts. I will ask the test fitter to show my an old post earlier than today with your work or some proof that you are in the industry or have fiberglass experience.

You MUST provide pictures of the install and pictures of the car and the parts after they have been installed. 20 2mega pixel pictures, I'll need good quality pictures in the sunlight where you can see the weave.

No primerer / rattlecan 3000gt's.

If the part does not fit, you may send it back (usps is cheap) and we will refund the $299. Send it by usps cheapest ground and I will also refund the shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
11,930 Posts
Are these based off the 2nd gen or '99 sail panels?

1. dave (my923ksl)
2. Tim (GTOX) AUSTRALIA
3. chris (3000gtmr) pending fitment
4. Jon (PeralVR4)
5. Eddy (hpp3) CANADA, pending fitment & shipping inquiries
6. Vitali (vitalivr4)
7. 3kgtSL91
8. 3kgtSL91
9. oohnoo

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
1 SET AVAILABLE $299 SHIPPED FOR TEST FITTING PICTURES

Someone who has autobody experience / fiberglass experience. They may require light modifications to install, so you must be someone with experience fitting fiberglass parts. I will ask the test fitter to show my an old post earlier than today with your work or some proof that you are in the industry or have fiberglass experience.

You MUST provide pictures of the install and pictures of the car and the parts after they have been installed. 20 2mega pixel pictures, I'll need good quality pictures in the sunlight where you can see the weave.

No primerer / rattlecan 3000gt's.

If the part does not fit, you may send it back (usps is cheap) and we will refund the $299. Send it by usps cheapest ground and I will also refund the shipping cost.
Shouldn't you give them away cheap to the tester with all this body experience? If its a bolt on ready part, then why do you need body experience in fiberglassing?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The reason I need someone who knows how to fiberglass is if the mounting tabs need any minor mods, any shaving or sanding of the interior.

For instance, I sold a pair of NSX mirrors the other day, There is a simply mounting base that has 2 holes. The customer needed to dremel / drill the holes slightly larger. A very minor modification that would not alter the appearance in any way. Anyways, it was a huge ordeal for him to preform this minor modification. I don't want to do that with the test fitting customer, I want to send them to someone proficient who can install them, in the worst case scenario if for some reason they cannot be installed. Send it back and get your money back.

Another example, if I am test fitting a hood, I may have to readjust the fenders, unmount the front bumper and reposition the catch, even drill the holes in the catch / hinges slightly larger in order to move it around or if the car had frame damage. Also, remove the bump stops, transplant the bump stops and drill holes if necessary to move the bump stops, etc etc.. So if a guy gets the hood to test fit who in inexperienced, he may not be able to get it to fit, while an experienced body man could make it fit easily. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts