Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Been a while since i've owned a mitsu product.

7 eagle talons, a 1g sebring coupe, 2 dodge avengers, 2 - 2g sebring coupes (v6 5sp) and i thought i was done with the crazyness.. however i've now caught the bug again and just bought a 94 Stealth TT AWD.

I've wrenched on a few of my buddies but never had one to call my own.. till now.

It's a bit long in the tooth (180K miles on it) but for some reason it's existed up to this point with the only modification being a K&N drop-in filter.. Nobody has screwed with it.. and its been parked most winters so it's clean for a Canadian car that's got nearly 300,000km on it.

I've been going through the forums trying to scrape up the many years of issues and problems you've managed to sort out and document..

Looking to build it up as a road course car.. not as interested in drag racing.. but want to keep it streetable so i can cruise with the wife on sundays. I figure if i can get it to about 450hp or so it'll easily hang with most of my friends who have more modern track toys.

Hopefully picking it up next week so i can start to tear into it and start fixing the obvious stuff before getting the parts i need to turn the wick up.

All the best,

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hail from Morontario.. south of Woodstock,.. far enough away from the big smoke.

As for the timing belt. it's been done recently, along with the idlers and tensioner.. new hub bearings and driveshaft carrier bearings have been installed as well. i'm gonna tear it all down just to check. Whole car is going to be a bit of a restoration project this winter and hopefully have it on the road come spring.

At what point should i consider re-ringing this engine? i figure as long as the compression checks out i'll just leave it alone.. be definitely checking the mains and rod bearings and installing a new oil pump regardless however.. and i'm upgrading the turbos (TBD) and figure new headgaskets would probably be a good idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not blowing any smoke.. oil pan has a slight dent in it.. so pulling it for sure and fixing it and checking the pickup.. like i said.. gonna replace the pump and potentially put a remote oil filter on it.. something a bit larger than stock to offer better filtering capacity.. i always thought the filters on the 6G7x motors were way too small.

·
Super Moderator
21,000 Posts
Not blowing any smoke.. oil pan has a slight dent in it.. so pulling it for sure and fixing it and checking the pickup.. like i said.. gonna replace the pump and potentially put a remote oil filter on it.. something a bit larger than stock to offer better filtering capacity.. i always thought the filters on the 6G7x motors were way too small.
I run a larger K&N filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts