Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m bored so I might as well start this thread. I have decided to do the AWD conversion and also build the engine while I’m at it. Bad blow by is causing problems with turbos so I’m just going to go ahead and go 8:1. I have been talking about doing the AWD conversion for > two years now and collecting parts here and there when I found a good deal. I wanted to start this quite a while back but buying/selling a house and some other stuff has kept me from doing it. I plan on taking my time with this build/conversion but having it done and tuned before NG. This will be pic heavy and I plan on documenting pretty much everything. Hopefully it will move pretty quickly but I will probably only be able to work on weekends if I don’t have any other things going on. Wish me luck!

Thanks to shooter83 (Evan) for threads like the one day AWD Conversion and all the others that have shared their information.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Success!

Sorry for the crappy iphone vid but my kids killed the battery in the video camera.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saved for future use......

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Yeah! I'll probably be in the office tomorrow in Oak Ridge, if you're goofing around on the car give me a call and I might come gawk... er, help.

·
Car PC Tech
1,842 Posts
Nice! Keep up the work..seeing the back suspension out of the car inspires me for my future under body overhaul in my 91 vr-4

·
Banned
8,444 Posts
FUCK! i'm never going to get my car where i want it. everyone is always going to out-mod me. :mad:

p.s.

are you really that old? :p

·
Banned
8,444 Posts
So what do you figure an AWD conversion would cost?
No engine work just the drivetrain.
i'd say $900 shipped. :suspect:

ahh...paint. i'm also jealous of that.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah! I'll probably be in the office tomorrow in Oak Ridge, if you're goofing around on the car give me a call and I might come gawk... er, help.
Actually I was going to give you a call and see if you want to come over and give me a hand. :)
Nice! Keep up the work..seeing the back suspension out of the car inspires me for my future under body overhaul in my 91 vr-4
It really only took me an hour to drop it but I'm sure the awd would have took a bit longer.
Those were your pistons!
What the hell happened?

Granny
Different engine
Awesome!

I'm going to clean my rear subframe off and spray 'er down when I do the AWS delete.
Yeah, I'm not going to install the aws system. I have a delete coming from PMP. I want to try a keep it as light as possible.

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
Bout time Paul. Its cool man I think I talked about it for a solid 2 years before ever doing it. Need any thing parts or pointers hit me up buddy. Happy to help out someone else taking on the AWD conversion. I should make my thread someday.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what do you figure an AWD conversion would cost?
No engine work just the drivetrain.
I'll tell you later.
FUCK! i'm never going to get my car where i want it. everyone is always going to out-mod me. :mad:

p.s.

are you really that old? :p
no

I look 20 years younger than Wayne. :D Hell I look younger than Coop :lol3:

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bout time Paul. Its cool man I think I talked about it for a solid 2 years before ever doing it. Need any thing parts or pointers hit me up buddy. Happy to help out someone else taking on the AWD conversion. I should make my thread someday.
I have been waiting on your thread since NG08. :p

Thanks man, I might need it.

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
I have been waiting on your thread since NG08. :p

Thanks man, I might need it.
Yea well I seem to get side tracked every other day with something else. Put the car down, waited on the block, got bored bought a project car. Then I have been waiting on bearings for god knows how long, and I started on a drag car. Go figure. It is currently sitting on its own weight and is fully converted. Just waiting on the engine to be finished up. I've got so many parts around here man let me know on anything, happy to help.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea well I seem to get side tracked every other day with something else. Put the car down, waited on the block, got bored bought a project car. Then I have been waiting on bearings for god knows how long, and I started on a drag car. Go figure. It is currently sitting on its own weight and is fully converted. Just waiting on the engine to be finished up. I've got so many parts around here man let me know on anything, happy to help.
Actually I will need some odds and ends. If you don't mind PM me your number again if you get a chance. I think I lost it in my old phone.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not much to report, I spent most of the day finding the right combo of tools to remove this fwd stuff (PITA). I'm sure the other side will come off much easier now that I know a good way to do it. The cold weather doesn't help much for my motivation. :lol3:

1 - 20 of 318 Posts