Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for some vector files (EPS/AI/CDR/...) of the original 3000GT insignia. Does anyone have this to email (please send PM) or can point me to them on the web?

Alternatively I can use the font which Mitsubishi used for their car badges back then, if anyone has that?

It's for my local print shop as I want to make a couple of decals for my newly purchased '98 GT3000, so it's not for commercial use :)

Any help is appreciated - thank you :D

·
vice prez: TPW
8,092 Posts
Close, the Wiki should be changed.

The font you're looking for is HandgotB, I put it up on my site:

http://kimberlite-films.com/hosting/HANDGOTB.TTF

hen opening it up in an art program, stretch the font 200% horizontal and shrink it down to 80% vertically. That will give you the perfect "3000GT"

Here is an example of the font, regular and modified.

-John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the help - this has helped me to the next level :)

And with regards to updating the Wiki, I think the "true" Mitsubishi font is actually a combination of Bitsumishi and HandgotB! Looking at HandgotB (with the tweaks J-Groove descibed) the numbers are spot on: Look at the number "3" for example as opposed to Bitsumishi, which has a different "3". The other way round, the "A" looks right in the Bitsumishi font, but not with HandgotB. And there are probably more differences along those lines.

Nevermind - I needed the "3000GT", so I'm all set! Thanks :D

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
ahh not that easy....

i had to copy the fonts folder to desktop, add the .ttf file in there then copy that from there to the fonts folder in c:/windows

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but on my rear center garnish, the GTO has the line going though the middle of each letter.... How can i get that into the lettering?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
BUMP.....just found this whilst doing a 'font' search. Im also after info regarding the GTO font used, as Im trying to get the door decals remade for mine. Got loads of photo's etc of the image but not a file I can send to the vinyl cutter :(

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Sorry mate, computers aint my thing....I'll find out. Cant any format be resaved into a usable image though?

·
3S Owner since '04
3,624 Posts
Sorry mate, computers aint my thing....I'll find out. Cant any format be resaved into a usable image though?
You need a vector format so it can be rescaled without losing clarity.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Right, given up trying to find a pic of any sort of quality. So, my mate had a go at making the image from scratch for me....here's a quick print/cut out he did to see how it would look (this is 1:1 scale to the garnish 'gto').

A few little bits need tweeking but I think he's done a really good job for saying its from scratch. Once he's finished getting it just right (the T mainly needs altering) then he'll be printing it off in silver along with the rest of the required script that's part of the lower door decals :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
This is what he's remaking for me...

Regards the initial decal he's done, he mentioned streching it around 15%, as it currently looks alittle squashed up when compared to oe. Even so, damn good effort so far imo.

·
3000gtSpyderRegistry.com
42 Posts
I scanned the OEM decals and traced the GTO in Adobe Illustrator.
You can go to Mitsubishi 3000GT GTO Logo to download the EPS file.

Enjoy,
Frank

1 - 20 of 21 Posts