Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found another new problem with my car...but this one is actually kind of fun, so I may leave it (it's especially fun with new, unsuspecting passengers). Whenever I accelerate under high boost, my interior dome light and door ajar light on the dash light up and flicker. It scares the shit out of my passengers...I tell them my car has a mind of its own! =) =) =)

Anyway, the problem is my drivers door button...the one that senses when the door is open and makes the annoying beep sound and lights up the dome light...it's got some serious issues and needs to be replaced =)

My right blinker also works whenever it feels like it...since the turn signal relay is right by my left foot, all you gotta do is give it a little kick and the right turn signal works again =)

-Bat

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
dude, my car does the same thing but its only when the passenger door is opened. my door ajar light doesnt work, and neither does the light on the driver side door. its weird. none of this happened before my wreck. so im making insurance pay for it.

the damn body shop keeps telling me its my "alarm" but i dont have a god damned alarm like ive told them 400 times now... let me know if you find a fix for it, or just have it all replaced and how much.

·
Like a Rat out of Water
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey vr4wannabe....I'm thinking it's that drivers side door button...when you open the door, it's on the lower right hand corner...should be a black rubber condom thingy on it =) Mine is all messed up. When I open my drivers door, the annoying beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep goes on, but my interior light does not go on...if I start playing with the button for a little, my interior light starts to flicker....there's definitely something wrong with the button and I'm hoping a replacement of the button will fix the problem...

now, my turn signals...I'm thinking it's either my relay or the wires going into the relay....if I just give my relay a little kick, it starts working again...I have yet to figure this one out! =)

-Bat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.