Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got that sweet sony cd player with the tft screen. Only it has no internal amp. I havent gotten it from UPS yet, but this means that no sound will come out without me putting amps up to me front and rear speakers, correct? If thats the case, pleas let me know of some good amps I can use for the front and back speakers. If I have to I will replace all the speakers along with utting in the amps. I still want a crisp clear sound from them and not too much bass. If anyone in the metro detroit area wants to make some good cash, Id be willing to pay to have someone do all the work of installing this. Thanks.

Erron

·
This is my BOOM stick!!!
591 Posts
Since there is no amp in the head unit no power will come out of it, just the signal that you will have to run to an external amp. A couple of good amps are from Audiobahn and Kicker. Although they are not cheap they will provide some of the best results.

If you are just going to power the factory speakers you could probably just get the cheapest amp you can find. If you are going to replace the speakers your best bet is Audiobahn and Kicker. I'm not saying other brands are bad, it just that I personally like the features on the higher quality amps.

Good luck!

·
blk93stealthes
9,150 Posts
alpine makes good amps...speakers...mine are verygood....dont know what u want to spend tho, my comps were 300 6*9's were 200 and the alpine amp retails for 400

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cost...

Im not really worried about cost since im throwin in a $1000 unit i might as well go all out. Can ya give me some model #'s of front and rear speakers and amps I could get...lets say...another $1000 on front and rears, and amps. This thatll get me in good shape? thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but...

Why do i see here and there our cars hae amps already? Is there external amps in our cars ill need to take out or can use for this? thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am i going to have to bypass the factory amp if i am running a 4 channel for the 6.5,6x9? if so, how hard is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.