Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had my vr4 since July. Shop called me today and told me the motor I bought for my car was a peice of shit that would barely run and blow out blue smoke. Good thing is I only paid half the price of the motor, and I was going to pay the rest when I found out it was good. I still owe him 1650, but Im obviously not gonna pay that anymore. So my question is: Can I get a rebuild on this peice of shit for the 1650 I owe? However, this motor does have a new pair of dr-650's on it, so its not all bad.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if u dont feel like writing a long explanation, a simple yes or no will do

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
If you plan on keeping the motor, you need to finish paying for it or return it to whoever sold it to you. Unless you agreed to pay a certain price if good or a different one if bad. You can't expect to keep the motor and not pay anymore for it.

1650 could pay for a rebuild, I wouldn't trust it though, Personally I'd opt for an OEM block instead. You'll need to rebuild your old motor for the 1650. Not the new one. The new one is not yours yet, you haven't paid for it. And if the price for the total motor was 3000+, you should have got an OEM short block instead.

LW

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if the price for the total motor was 3000+, you should have got an OEM short block instead.
OEM = no dr-650's
dr-650's = :D

thats pretty much why i didnt grab a new OEM block from dr for 3200. However, I wish I had now, seeing as how I can tell this is gonna turn into a huge bitch of a problem and my car prolly wont be done for another 4 months.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
4 months? I had my car done at a dealership and it only took 2 weeks to change the motor, turbos, clutch, and redo some other critical parts. Of course I paid out the nose for it...like to the tune of 5k (to the dealership for the install and oem block) and another 4k in parts not counting the block.

I opted for 13G turbos though, 1/4 mile performance isn't that big a deal for me as I don't get races very often, pretty much everyone around here knows my car and avoids it at the light. DR650s are a good choice, but I would have rather gone for the OEM block instead. At least you get a 12k warranty with it.

Lord Warlock

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep I havent driven a vr4 since the end of july. The other day I almost got a chance, a guy pulled up in one only to drop off his wife (I'm a valet), then drove off :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.