Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the beast to get a wash during the lunch hr today... tail gated by a IPD (Irvine PD) cruiser... made a left, he made a left.. changed lanes, he changed lanes... finally, his lights went on...

Slowly pulled over, rolled windows complete down, 2 hands on the steering wheel... the cop came out with one hand on his gun and approached me.

Me: "Hello, officer"
Cop: "Hi, can I see ur driver license?"
Me: "Oh... I didn't bring it with me, I just came out for a quick car wash... but I can give u my name and DL#..."
*gave him the 411*
Cop: "U know u have illegal tint windows? and exhaust? Where u coming from? Where u going? blah, blah, blah.... I saw earlier today." :eek:
Me: "Oh yea???"
Cop: "What u got in this car besides exhaust, wheels...?"
*walks around my car*
Me: "err... nothing much.. just air filter and some basic stuff..."
Cop: *looking at FMIC* "Is that a radiator for racing?" :D :D
Me: "oh.. thats an IC for the turbos..."
Cop: "Can you pop ur hood?"
Me: :eek: :eek:
*poped the hood.. him standing there looking at me...*
Me: "Do u want me to come out?" (U needa ask in Irvine, or else the cop will shoot u and say u were trying to attack him! :D )
Cop: "What is this? What does this do? blah, blah, blah..."
Me: "errr... r u gona give me a ticket??? I don't wana say too much.."

Anyways... he was pretty cool... we ended up chattin on the side of the road for like 15min with me explaining each of my mods... he's the 1st cool cop I've met~ :) :cool:
 

·
Lost Soul
Joined
·
6,235 Posts
ehh...he probably just saw another foriegn looking person earlier that day.....I mean after all, you all look the same.:D :eek: :p :D ;)


-Jeff

j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darktrail said:
ehh...he probably just saw another foriegn looking person earlier that day.....I mean after all, you all look the same.:D :eek: :p :D ;)


-Jeff

funny.... i can actually relate... i swear all white folks look the same too... and im serious... many of my Asian friends think the same...

btw, he was talking about my car... not me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,042 Posts
Title is "got pulled over by a cop" who else pulls people over?

Just kiddin
 

·
In charge
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
Hmmm.... I'm surprised. I dont think all Southeast Asians look the same but you guys are much more alike (dark hair, dark eyes) then we blinding white boys. Hair color alone is quite a bit different even without added coloration (think bleach blond)

Heck my future inlaws are all Chinese and they can tell my sisters apart and they look quite a bit alike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
did you get a ticket G?
where did this happen at?

haha..he might have saw "ME" since we both black car with exhaust and tinted window.

i run into IPD like twice everyday ( not exaggerating..everyday ). 2 motorcycle cops and a cruiser on average. i know one friday night i drive by at least 7 cop cars in 2hr period.

might have been lucky..i know one time this cop followed me..he pulled up next to me ( tinted window = bad ), in front of me ( no front plate ), and behind me ( exhaust = bad )..and then kept going on his marry way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jspec said:
did you get a ticket G?
where did this happen at?

haha..he might have saw "ME" since we both black car with exhaust and tinted window.

i run into IPD like twice everyday ( not exaggerating..everyday ). 2 motorcycle cops and a cruiser on average. i know one friday night i drive by at least 7 cop cars in 2hr period.

might have been lucky..i know one time this cop followed me..he pulled up next to me ( tinted window = bad ), in front of me ( no front plate ), and behind me ( exhaust = bad )..and then kept going on his marry way.
nope... i didnt get a ticket...

another reason the Jeep is a great daily driver --> dont feel nervous when i see cops~ :D

Every time i see a cop while driving the stealth... i feel like a middle eastern dude in an anti-terorrism protest... :(
 

·
Badassical Baddage
Joined
·
6,535 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:

Every time i see a cop while driving the stealth... i feel like a middle eastern dude in an anti-terorrism protest... :(
All the more reason you should let ME have your car ;)

Todd "the asian guy" gets stopped once a month for his relatively quiet and LEGAL Greddy exhaust...

I have never gotten stopped in my car which is about 10x louder than his, in the same neighborhoods :p
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:


funny.... i can actually relate... i swear all white folks look the same too... and im serious... many of my Asian friends think the same...

btw, he was talking about my car... not me...

Lol! Tha'ts prety funny, Mel.
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
I _VERY VERY VERY_ rarely saw ANY cops in Irvine. I was usually all over Irvine, too. Never got pulled for my Illegal tint or exhaust...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
akira410 said:
I _VERY VERY VERY_ rarely saw ANY cops in Irvine. I was usually all over Irvine, too. Never got pulled for my Illegal tint or exhaust...
:confused: what!? I see 2-3 cops a day in my daily 5min commutes!!

beside... computer geeks never leave home or work... thats y u didnt see cops... :cool:
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:


:confused: what!? I see 2-3 cops a day in my daily 5min commutes!!

beside... computer geeks never leave home or work... thats y u didnt see cops... :cool:

Good point, Dan. :). Actually, I was out quite a bit. I don't know why I never saw them. Every time I mentioned it to someone they always seemed surprised. The only time I remember getting pulled over was when I was drunk. Thank God I wasn't driving :). I remember the cop coming to my window and asking me how much I had to drink. I said, "a few." He said, "More than a few?" I said, "Yeah. A lot more than a few." Then he checked to see if I was 21. I had been 21 for two weeks. *whew*
 

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
that sucks
 

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
Joined
·
4,082 Posts
akira410 said:
I _VERY VERY VERY_ rarely saw ANY cops in Irvine. I was usually all over Irvine, too. Never got pulled for my Illegal tint or exhaust...
Well Peter, that's because you only drove 1 mile a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Darktrail said:
ehh...he probably just saw another foriegn looking person earlier that day.....I mean after all, you all look the same.:D :eek: :p :D ;)


-Jeff

j/k
Senior year in college, I had 4 roommates, 3 of which were Asian, and one of which was white. The white guy could not for the life of him tell the difference between me and the other 3...except when he was drunk! :eek:
 

·
Lost Soul
Joined
·
6,235 Posts
I was just joking about my reply too, just because Amkread is always joking around like that. Didn't really expect people to have a discussion on it :)
ohh well...

-Jeff
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
Lawrence Wang said:


Senior year in college, I had 4 roommates, 3 of which were Asian, and one of which was white. The white guy could not for the life of him tell the difference between me and the other 3...except when he was drunk! :eek:
Lol, George, that's pretty funny. I have a friend like that, too. I never have a problem with it.
 

·
More Than Meets the Eye
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
The cops here are probably glad we don't have such stupid exhaust-related laws. They're busy pulling over people for real, or at least more legitimate-sounding, reasons. You know - drunk driving, 80 in a 40, that kind of thing. They feel if you wanna mod your car, more power to ya. There is a lot more to be done to protect the public safety than to make sure your exhaust has the proper certifications.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top