Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home on Wednesday night late, so getting my car then was out of the question. Went out to put the battery charger on her before the football games yesterday and then picked her up around 3:30pm.

WOW, it was great to drive home :D Even though the shed left the finish covered with dust, I got soooo many looks on the way home. It also seems that the springs might have settled a little bit more ?? it's been 2 years since the springs got put on, but it seems to look a little bit lower? I will have to get some pics.

Even though it is 45 degrees out, I think I'm going to clean up my car :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
unclesam099 said:
I got home on Wednesday night late, so getting my car then was out of the question. Went out to put the battery charger on her before the football games yesterday and then picked her up around 3:30pm.

WOW, it was great to drive home :D Even though the shed left the finish covered with dust, I got soooo many looks on the way home. It also seems that the springs might have settled a little bit more ?? it's been 2 years since the springs got put on, but it seems to look a little bit lower? I will have to get some pics.

Even though it is 45 degrees out, I think I'm going to clean up my car :)
i envy you kevin! i don't get to see my baby again until dec. 17th. I guarantee that i'll be out that night cleaning her, then going driving for god knows how long :)

lucky for me i'm going to drive my car back to school in NY so she'll be there with me for the rest of the school year.

and the whole while, i'm still trying to sell her. I want to have a VR4 or a Typhoon by end of summer.

~matt

4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeremy, I really don't want to come back to snow!!! Oh well, 2 weeks of it and then another 4 back here at home!

Matt, good luck selling your car. I have had so many thoughts about selling mine lately, I'm wondering if I should or not........ I just want something faster...

On a side note, I was coming home from a hockey game with my brother and was on a backroad near my house. Something came up behind me and was tailgating... I brake-checked him and he stayed right there even tho I was going 40 in the 35 zone. I was a little worried about deer. Anyways, he goes to pass me on this double yellow. I downshift to 3rd and realize that I need 2nd. Grab 2nd and start pulling on him a little bit. He stayed even with me up to the top of 2nd (hit the limiter for half a sec, was watching the road) and then into 3rd I sllloooowwwwwly walked him. Since I was gaining so slowly, I slammed the brakes and let him fly past. It was a MUSTANG GT!!!! I saw him hit redline in his car as he was in front of me (shift light came on). And at the end of the road, he ran the stop sign :rolleyes:

So I stayed even/slightly gained on a V8 stang from a 40 - 85/90 mph roll!!! :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
unclesam099 said:
Matt, good luck selling your car. I have had so many thoughts about selling mine lately, I'm wondering if I should or not........ I just want something faster...
first off...good kill :)

secondly:
it's a tough choice. my stealth is what got me really into cars...its the first car i've had that i've done all my own maintenance on, that i've gone through the mod-saga with, and that got me into road racing and auto-x. that said, it was an excellent starting point, and i will miss the car, but it's time to move on. i myself need a more capable platform for speed and racing...hopefully i'll find myself in a VR4/TT. after going to the national gathering and seeing so many beautifully set up cars, i try to picture myself in something else, but i always come back to wanting another 3/s.

moral of the story...i dunno. guess i'll see how things go and i'll show up at the 03 NG in some sort of car...something faster than my r/t anyhow ;)

~matt

4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree with you on those points. the stealth was my first car, i did all of my own work on it, and it has a sort of sentimental value to me.

I just want something faster, though. The only car that I can see myself in that would be faster is a VR4/TT, but I can't afford one. As much as I want a 1g AWD DSM, it just isn't the same car as the 3S. Then again, they're so cheap and easy to make fast... The decisions are so tough. I'm leaning away from turboing my stealth now because Leland (SilverBullet) spun a bearing on his 150,xxx mile engine. I have 157k now. So i already have some upgrades for a VR4/TT (injectors, BOV, S-AFC, 13G turbo to be rebuilt into a 9b, extra set of 9b's, the borla from my car w/a test pipe, etc).

Maybe I will look into selling my car and get a VR4/TT. But if I do get a new one, I really really really want another blue one!! It's just the best color :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts