Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Is 91TsiAwd Kenneth Ellis? And i don't really think it matters what they say, i mean i looked at that thread and all, but is it really worth the time. The real supra(mkiv) people know that a VR4 is in their same league.

·
Bring it On
716 Posts
Those guys are funny. most of the supra owners I meet were pretty cool but most of those guys are just assholes talking shit.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Man that Supra forum is nuts. Whats the point in getting invloved, just to get picked apart by Supra owners. Why are ppl so afraid of someting different? Where I live, Supras are about as rare as Lambos. I've never had the chance to race one on the street, but I have talked to a few owners in parkinglots, and after racing other cars as they watched, they both admit I would probably beat them from a roll-on. I've also got ALOT of video footage. Street racing, and track racing. I believe what I see/tape. I was taping ALL day when the AAM Stealth was at Mason Dixon with me. Not to mention quite a few Supras. ;) I've also videod a MK4 Supra getting its ass handed to it by a HONDA CIVIC. :p
The B16 turbo Honda pulled the Supra easy as pie until about 120mph. And of course the Supra took the lead back. And around here, we're all in our teens and twenties, with normal jobs and normal budgets. All I'm saying is, I like all imports. I'm not a huge fan of Hondas, but you can't put down the motors. I really like the Supra, and respect its rep, but I bought a VR4. IMO, the VR4 stock vs. Supra stock, looks MUCH better. I also have other reasons for liking the VR4. And, like my local tuner friend used to tell me (Matt Meyer, Accelerated Accessories) AWD kicks ass, but look out for the Supra top end.
:mitsu:

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
VR4's are like WRX's
that's a solid comment from a supra owner

but i agree, enough is enough defending our cars, I'm done with it, I'll just happily wander around running 11s in a car I can drive 12 months a year and with a hell of a lot of style

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
but i agree, enough is enough defending our cars, I'm done with it, I'll just happily wander around running 11s in a car I can drive 12 months a year and with a hell of a lot of style
LOL, well said. Goto the Supra forum and ask if they wanna race in the rain. :p

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Something I wanna point out to us.

Three years ago I found 3/Si.org.

There was a debate on Corvetteforum.com- C4 vs VR4.

It was the largest topic they had ever had.

Then came LS1.com
then stangnet...
then camaroz28...
back to Corvetteforum.

Some of us have been out there a long time trying to quell rumors and myths.

I have had the time, and the knowledge to help out in many of these cases. Most everyone who quotes something about a VR4 has heard it, ran an n/a, or just read a mag.

Really, very few people have played with VR4's, fewer yet have ran a really nice one with a good driver. Those people back us up.

There is a reason, and that is that I don't wanna have to start seeing all sorts of crap from MKIII owners, Civic owners, Celica GT-S owners, 6 cyl Probe owners, just because we start allowing more crap to be said.

It's not trolling to defend your car make/model- if you do so with respect to where you are, and the audience.

If you are on Clubsi.com- say whatever- you likely ARE wasting time there! On LS1.com- those guys have a head on their shoulders, you should be confident of what you say, and stay somewhat humble. Corvetteforum has the greatest amount of stock cars that can hand us our butt on a platter- we need to remember that and not sound like some whining underpowered V6.

But to set info straight, to stop misinformation- if you have the time and wanna try, please do.

But just an open little message- I fully support that if one of our members here is being a stupid ass there- you should get verbally reamed! I've seen it happen before- and I know that I have done it (the reaming) before. Hold some integrity please, we're not ricers, and we do typically know our place in the food chain pretty well.

Gloves up, let's box! :D

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
"Given Ken drives a 95 RT/TT I doubt it."

94, but let's not nitpick. Back to the topic at hand-

"Is 91TsiAwd Kenneth Ellis?"

Not even close. But I'd love to know who he is- any *** who can't come up with an originally indecent "location" to suit his desire to be funny and has to run off with mine needs a lesson in manners. From now on, every comment and post I generate will be copyrighted. Use elsewhere without my consent or providing ownership rights, and I'll go Mark Tozer on your ass and call my lawyer.

Only MKIII Supras worth a damn come without turbochargers. I like hearing about their weight advantage against us- oh, wait, the MKIII Turbo was within 100 pounds of a VR-4. D00d, d4T 5h1T b3 50 l1GhT, d0GG

Weight advantage? Funny- your headgaskets blow faster then Jenna Jameson on a caffine trip. Talk to me when you're done overtorqing your head studs.

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
"Ken- coming to NG03?"

Probably not, but perhaps I could be convinced with some luck in the spring...

"I think I owe you a beer from a long time ago"

I think it works both ways.

Oh, and for some reason I was thinking about that project you put to me WAY back, about a custom paint job on the Stealth-

Whatever you decide, have a true pinstripe done in a copper/gold color. And along the body somewhere have the stripper print the following in Elvish as part of the striping-

"Four wheels to rule them all
Five speed to bind them
Twin wheels to crush them all
And in their fury blind them."

I could do the rest, but how much is there to work with in dictioned Elvish?

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
:D

Actually not a bad little idea there!

We are getting the 92 as a rolling chassis to move it and then it is going in for a paint job.

Now that I know what I truly want, I have to decide what work to do to this one knowing I'm gonna sell it - vs doing it to the next one, when I ever get it :)

I'll start working on ya to make it to NG03 around march

1 - 18 of 18 Posts