Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a boost gauge. What is a good brand to use? Also anyone know of any that match our gauges? How much and where did you get it. Thanks
Ryan
95 VR-4

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please help me out, which boost gauges are good to use? Also if I get a dual gauge mount what would be another good gauge to have since I plan on some mods later on? Please help
Ryan

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,950 Posts
I have been pleased with my VDO. It is a combined vacuum and boost gauge with black face, white lettering, and orange needle. Looks close to stock gauges. The boost side is dual scale (bar and psi).

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Apexi EL gauges... best but most expensive ones.
Blitz ... very good, good price
SPI ... good but no look
HKS ... why not ?
Greddy ... why not ?
Autometer ... a lill cheap quality, good look and price

No go and get one !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Buschurracing has a good price for the SPI's which seem to be a good overall gauge. I'd say EGT or FP for the 2nd one.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
You guys that buy the Greddy, Apexi, and HKS gauges are NUTS! Autometer makes gauges that are just as accurate for half the price(sometimes even a quarter)! Look at what all the pro cars use, Autometer. Maybe VDO's too but mostly Autometer.

Trev

R

·
0 Posts
I second Trevor. All the domestic cars run Autometer and VDO becuase the look good (especially autometer) and they are very functional and accurate. I think it is ridiculous to buy a Greddy, HKS, or Apexi "import" gauge and pay the extra money for just the name, which doesn't impress me much anyway.

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your response!

I was thinking fuel pressure but the only ones I found were outside mount, where can I find an inside mount or an isolator kit?
Thanks again
Ryan

·
Welcome To The Machine
951 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Autometer. This last one reads one pound low. The other ones were 1.5-3 lbs. low. I would not trust their accuracy. To test them I inflated a basketbal and rigged a setup where I measured the gauge, the gauge in my DSBC and a couple of tire pressure gauges that seemed to be fairly accurate. All except the Autometers were within .25 lbs. of each other. Since my current gauge is one pound low, I just do the mental calcs, but barely look at it anymore.

Bruce
3Si #0243

·
Registered
57 Posts
do any of you guys have matching paint for the a-pillar pod mount for the tan color? all the pod mounts come in black.
might be a bit hard matching the color.

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,950 Posts
If you go with autometer or VDO, the best prices will be from Summit Racing.

I have the "exact" paint match for the tan A piller. The paint color is SEM Vinyl & Plastic Color Spray (#15283 Pescadero Sand). You can see the color match on my web site under the "interior pictures" section.
http://hometown.aol.com/dwjatwwk/index.html

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I also have the AutoMeter gauges ... lying around because they are not as accurate as I expected and are made very cheap. I was very, very dissapointed with the quality compared to the little Blitz I have. This one is fast, no chitter, no offset.

For the EGT, Autometers are reading only up to 1600 and this is too low.

I bought them for look (Ultra lites) but will not install it for now. But I'll use the FPR and EGT electronics as the output is a simple DC voltage and I can read it with any meter, hehe.

·
AZ 3/S Tech
1,264 Posts
what EGT gauges read beyond 1600?
mine is an auto meter procomp...i thaught it would work but it stops at 1600...can i use a different meter with the original auto meter electronics????
i looked at Blitz's japan site and their gauges only seem to go up to 1600 as well?
tim3kgt?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts