Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am driving home yesterday and I am about 30 seconds from my driveway. All of a sudden a dead branch falls from a tree, does not touch the ground, and lands on the front of my car. Well, it took off a spot a paint about the size of my fist on the bumper, and put a small small ding in the hood. Can anyone give suggestions as to what they would do and estimates for how much it would cost. My once flawless passion red VR-4 is no longer, but, it will still run like a striped ass ape! And besides, life goes on.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Sorry about the news. The estimate probably runs around $3-400.

Black94VR4

·
1,568 Posts
If you have comprehensive coverage on your insurance they will cover it less deductible. I always recommend you have 0.00 deductible on comprehensive coverage. It is worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i would have to agree with the $3-$400 range. ask around for a recommendation for a good shop. dont skimp there is a big difference in the quality of work that goes on in different shops. i paint for a living so i have seen it all!!

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
Umm.. I think you are all grossly underestimating the cost of repair. Depending on where the ding in that hood is, it's impossbible to pop out and smooth. I'm going to assume that ding is on the front of the hood since it was in the same accident that f'ed up the front bumper. There is no way to repair a ding on the front of the hood. They have no choice but to replace it all together and paint it. If there's any damage to the front bumper other than JUST paint... They have to replace that too.

Replacing the front bumper and hood on my Pearl White = $1300.
It's a 3-stage paint, and I'll assume Passion Red is as well.

Possibly your front bumper will just need to be repainted. New hoods run about $500. All the painting would cost you like another $450.

I think you should give your insurance company a call. lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just going to have the bumper taken care of. The ding in the hood is very small, and hard to see, so I don't think it would be worth it. I assume the entire front bumper would have to be repainted though?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an estimate for $328, so that is not too bad. Plus, I will have a chip free front bumper, and they are going to brush in a couple spots on the hood for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts