Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend fabricates these, and they look damn sweet in the blue, against our amber dashs....yumm

but yeah, here's a pic- let me know if you guys are interseted, if i can get over 10 people to go in, I can maybe get them for less than $100/piece

price high? yes i agree, but he uses laser diodes, which google.com that and you'll find how expensive/rare/spaceage they are....they are nice, and do not require altering your existing needles, turbo and na

let me know

pic:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That would be reallyyy nice but a lot of money for us students :( Well if he is still making them next december I'll be in the market for more interior upgrades!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
wow, that looks pretty awesome. 100 bucks just for some needles though is pretty steep. Very tempting to buy them but I just dont know if 100 bucks is worth it. It looks really bad ass though.
-Rich

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hence, group buy =)

but yeah, you don't even have to mess with your needles, it's just rings that go behind them, and it uses the needles to transmit the light

i want them badly!

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
bad ass stuff. Can he do any other color than blue? I think red would look good also. Maybe if I can scrounge up $100 I might consider it, if he can do red.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blue/red/green

those are the colors he can get, also clear, but he said he thinks that's illegal, and would look terrible

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
do you have a pic of the red ones??? how much difference is there from stock??? Blue looks awesome but I'm planning on Indiglo gauges so blue would be invisible.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red:

Attachments

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, that's his auction price...i emailed him about it, he said if i could get a group buy together, he'd go lower...so i am trying =0

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would maybe consider it for under a 100 dollars and if it cam with the full 7 needles instead of just the four. In my opinion I think it would look horrible to have half your gauge needles lit it up and not the other half. It would look as if you were to cheap to do all the needles.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is 6 needles...

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry thats what I meant 6 hit 7 by accident. I saw the auction on ebay and was interested but I think it said 4 needles so I was hesitant to buy them. If you can get a good deal on them I would be interested in red or amber if that is possible.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's why this is more expensive, two more needles ;-)

·
Registered
256 Posts
count me in.......if the price goes down

Gabe

·
Registered
31 Posts
Regarding the Indiglo Needles...

I have never personally dealt with this company but I have noticed that Importintelligence.com sells the exact same needle kits for the 3000GT (including two large needles and 4 small needles) for a total price of about $85. I came acrossed the indiglo needles about a year ago and thought that it would look pretty smooth with white faced guages. Well, check it out and if anyone decides to purchase the indiglo needle kit please let me know how the customer service is.

Rob

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in a quote from an email from him:

"If you buy 5 or more kits, I can take off $20 a kit. I sell a little higher on ebay to cover all of the extra fees I have to put up with. $80 a kit is the best I can do and just add $5 to the total to cover shipping for all the kits. That would be $405 for 5 six needle kits. If some of them need smaller kits, I can give you a quote on that. Thanks again."

·
VR4 owner since 1993
584 Posts
Just curious... does anyone have any direct experience with these? (i.e. installed and use them personally?) I'm interested, but just as with the recent problems some have had with the indiglo gauges... I'd hate to be ripping my dash apart every other week to fix them.

-JD

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
this could be a godsend... however I need an answer to a question...

do these needles glow of their own accord, or does this just change the color of the needle and it glows still using a dash powered light (ie- indiglow or color change?)

why? I have NO dash lights, a ground somewhere died nearly a year ago and I am sick of not being able to see crap! I am switching over to white faced gauges and if I could get needles that were indiglow then I wouldn't need to rewire every light in the dash.

and NO IT ISN'T A FUSE!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
a short huh?

I'm currently battling the same problem, do you still have tail lights? If the problem is fixed I will let you know what was wrong with mine, if it could help you out.

Gabe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts