Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has glasspacks on their cars, and how they set them up on their exhaust system??? I have a 94 base 3000GT and i'v been looking for an exhaust system that isn't so loud that you can hear me from a mile away but that has a low rumble/hmm/prr to it. Thanks for the input and it would be cool if i could get some sound clips if anyone has them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got some

I have a 94 SL, when i bought it it had glasspacks on it already.
They are very deep sounding and at about 2,000 rpm feel like BASS, i love the way it sounds. But I am looking for more performance <=(glasspacks are heavy)=> so ill be saying goodbye to them as soon as i can afford some exhaust.

Peacey

·
Registered
44 Posts
exhaust

I just got a dual tip magnaflow performance exhaust put on... its nothing like a glass pack nor is it a little purr. When you start it up, it sounds mean.... very nice sound... I would recommend it!
Hope this helps ya.

Jon

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have dual glasspacks...each where the stock muffler, and the stock resonator were...They are SWEEEEEEEEET sounding, very deep at idle....and roar on throttle....but they are not too loud....just perfect I think....

I remember the first time I heard the car driven when I wasn't in it or it wasn't at idle....My girl was on my nutz to drive it one night, and I took her Saab conv't to follow here....It was definitely noticeable, but not annoying like Hondas....It was seriuosly ten times better than I thought....She passes me at one point and I was freaked out at how sweet it sounded...DEEP!!!!!!!

My opinion is t get them, they are cheap and flow as good as anything except open pipes....

·
Registered
476 Posts
my glasspack doenst have seems so it wont blow out. it is not heavy. the whole system cost me like 50 bucks, and it sounds great and performance is 10 times better! but sadly i recently spun a bearing and will need a new engine. i am actually hoping for a new car instead - 67-69 camaro/firebird. put some glasspacks on an early f-body v8 for a real sound. ;) :D

PS. i lost my glasspack sound, but i'll try to get it back on and send it to ya. :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
I went to Meineke to get everything done....I don't have the tools to do welding and stuff....But the total cost came to $225 and that is with $130 going to just the tips....

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
do u have n e pics of the glasspacks? im lookin for a deep sound on my 91' ES...so far, im lookin @ the flowmaster 40 Delta Flow series.

·
.5 Man .5 Dinosaur !!!!!!
1,340 Posts
Dynomax bullet

I have dual Dynomax Bullet mufflers , kinda like a glass pack but not red and better. 3".
Deep and noticeble, the best thing about them is that they are pretty much straight through pipes.
I have them with 4.5" Chrome tips and it looks beautifull.
Definetlly recomend to anyone. Only paid 250 for cat back custom thats including tips mufflers and labor.
Good luck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The dynomax are incredible, they are very similar to my glasspacks....Mine are aluminized, I don't know what these red things are...Probably thrush...anyway, the key is the tips...this is where you should spend most of your time making a decision....I do have pics, but they are at home on my other computer....send me an e-mail and I will try and send some pics this weekend....but if you e-mail me I will definitely remember...

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.