Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I figure this is the best board to put this question on. I drive a 94 N/A Stealth Auto and I have two friends that have cars that both would be interested in racing me. The first friend has a 90 Celica V4 Auto and the other with a 95 Firebird V6 Auto. Would I be able to take them? I think I can take the Celica but the Firebird may be somewhat even. Let me know what you think, Thank you.

-Matt

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All three are completely stock, with the acception that I have a new K&N air filter.

·
Registered
434 Posts
do you know how to race with a atx?
If you do then you should win if you don't you should win anyways but maybe not. I would suggest learning how to race first if you don't know how.

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To answer the first question, SOHC.

And the second I figure using power braking and releasing at about 2000 rpms would give me a pretty good start. How does that sound?? Any other ideas or tips would be welcome. Thanks.

·
Since May 2002
5,591 Posts
V4...thats awesome...lol :p. I have no idea how fast the SOHC ones are, but the old V6 firebirds arent real special...they got like 160 horse, so they are around the SOHC hp wise. My brother has a 96 V6 auto, but his is the 200hp one which they swtiched to in 96, and his is pretty quick. So i would guess that you would be able to beat both of them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
v6 firebirds are slooooww...
i used to race my friend who had a v6 stick firebird in my prelude and i would kill him every time.

you will win definantly if you can launch just right

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
stock for stock the firebird would probably win. They are quicker than people give them credit for.

Matt

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I meant to write 90 Celica ST 4 cylinder. Sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts