Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I think ~250 is reasonable, I would love to pick one up also. I cannot commit to anything right now but with tax returns coming its feasible in the near future.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
eh, that didn't go so well. But did get referred to a custom fiberglass and carbon fiber company i hadn't heard of before that might be able to do them cheaper. Gonna try calling them up monday.

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
It's much more expensive to make than most think and with the limited interest due to the smaller community of 3s's ( and even less for stealths in particular).....it makes it difficult to justify cost for production.

·
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!
8,814 Posts
Heres some ABS, get to work!

Just happened to be making some ABS mix when this was first posted. :)

Lobo- If you strike out in your neighborhood, I do know a good fiberglass guy that would make a quality product, but he suffers from deadline anxiety so he doesnt get things done as fast as most people would like. I know another guy who does some very cool work in Carbon fiber but I dont know if he wants more work. PM if you need me.

-SP

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks speedy, I might take you up on that.

·
Lowers the collective IQ
102 Posts
At the ~250 mark, I'd flip a coin between this and the ducktail. Once you have your final pricing, I'll let you know for sure if I'm in for one.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
is this including the wing being primed and sanded...IE ready to paint?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Does this include priming and sanding? IE ready to paint?

·
getting there
1,033 Posts
Just searched to see if a 96 spoiler had been produced, or if anyone had thought about producing one, and this thread came up. So, bump it on up! Any news? How about Cianci and carbon fiber? They still around? I'd go $300 on fiberglass/abs.

·
Stealth Like A Ninja
3,267 Posts
ABS sounds fine to me. I would be down for one if you made a nice replica as I have a 3SX one that they sent to me twice (fiberglas) and the first time they packaged it like shit and it was almost split in 2 by the time it got to me and then they told me I had to take it up with UPS...so I filed and the next one came with a actual attempt at wrapping it correctly for shipping but still bad and it had some splits where the two pieces were molded together...so I had a friend fill it with short strand fibers which held for about 3 years but its now starting to crack again.

On top of all that the legs didnt match up exactly with the original holes and I had to elongate the stock holes to make it fit which I had to do so much the hole almost does hide under the front edge of the side legs.

If you made a great ABS replica (I dont care if it needs body work with flexible filler) I would be all over that and I have a fully painted fiberglass one on my car.

please do it. $250-300 sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So far "sounds too good to be true" is proving to be a valid sentiment. You guys would $hit a brick at what I'm being quoted by shops JUST to get the molds made. I'm not giving up on this but things certainly aren't going to be happening quickly.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.