Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 Dodge Stealth DOHC R/T
I replaced pretty much everything on top! MAF, TPS, CAM/CRANK, Coils, Ign Module, IAS, Plugs, Wires, Coolant Temp Sensor, ECU. Swapped to Alum Radiator, With both those sensors Replaced, even as far as a new CAT :_)
Issue: Car hesitates some and seems dogish, Will run properly at the higher speeds, just getting to them seems to be the issue! Idle will not stay constant at 2500 rpms, which is required for a Calif Smog test. It will hold there for a while then drop to 2k for no reason, back to 2500 then drop to 2k!
I am at wits end here now! The engine itself only has about 6k on it after full rebuild.
I recently bought a 92 TT model, and need to get this running and smoged to sell, so I can thrown my life savings into the other one ;-)

Any thoughts or suggestion would be more than helpful

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just throwing this out there, but did you look at injectors? Does it only happen when revving at 2500, or does it happen while driving as well? Any other times it drops RPM?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It appears only when sitting does it have the unstable rpm issue, and yes the injectors are good ;-) One thing I forgot to mention it seems to idle perfectly, Just when giving it power it wont hold a higher idle, plus starts to misfire above 2500. Poor performance as in hesitates and loss of power when accelerating. it started after I replaced everything on top, and the main Cat. The main reason I did it was beacuse of the upcoming Smog, which it barely passed that one 3 years ago with a newly rebuilt engine at that time, since then like I said about 6k on it now Just didnt want any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts