Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question guys, how do you get the chrome files?

I did the donation as the webpage indicated and didn't get any remotely close to the yellow button, return to donation coordinator thing, I used:

Get Chromed | THE ORIGINAL VR4 Clone? ECU

and used the Chrome v2 button on the lower right, it sent me to paypal and after the confirmation it just returned to the original page, nothing like the instructions. The recipient email was [email protected], did I just throw the donation to someone else? lol
Or there is a fixed/minimum amount, I used a Mac and chrome browser if that makes a difference.. :eek:rly3:

·
Registered
449 Posts
This is where I got my files:
Chromedecu.org | ChromeV2

I've never used the Clone ECU site so I can't comment on how it's supposed to work. Maybe one of the guys that worked on the Chrome project can point you in the direction of the guy who was selling the clone ecu's.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just looked at that one, I think I did the donation to the non maintained one or something like that, the chromedecu has like a cart and checkout process, the cloned one is just a link to that email with a donation option lol..

·
No longer in KY
2,350 Posts
That nonstopmix email is Greg's email. Try sending him a message. If you already donated, he'll send you a rom if you need.

·
Elite Member
462 Posts
Have a question guys, how do you get the chrome files?

I did the donation as the webpage indicated and didn't get any remotely close to the yellow button, return to donation coordinator thing, I used:

Get Chromed | THE ORIGINAL VR4 Clone? ECU

and used the Chrome v2 button on the lower right, it sent me to paypal and after the confirmation it just returned to the original page, nothing like the instructions. The recipient email was [email protected].com, did I just throw the donation to someone else? lol
Or there is a fixed/minimum amount, I used a Mac and chrome browser if that makes a difference.. :eek:rly3:

Sorry I haven't updated the website in a while as I have been dedicating my time to other projects. Greg (who took over for Gatecrasher and made Chrome the tuning software that it is) can be reached at the email. If he received the donation he can send it to you.

In the mean time I will check the website to see if it showed a log. If it was successful, you should have received an email to download the software. But recently I updated the core software and it broke a bunch of stuff.

On another note, I will be releasing the Clone ECU specs as an Open Source project or something similar including all the parts required to make your own Clone ECU!!

Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Brett, thanks for the response, yes I did check everything and didn't get any email or response from the site, actually, some member here had the same problem and found the post about that, asked about who to contact or what he did and he told me that Adam helped him out (chromed site), contacted him and told me that the other site was working and should return the chrome files, I didn't tried again since I put, again.. the car on hold.

I'm really looking forward the open source ecu project, that would be amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts