Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
how close are these to not fitting in gen 1 TT rims? is it like millimeters where i could use a spacer or are the rims just too small diameter wise?

im very interested depending on how they will fit and how much more shipping will be.

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they SHOULD fit seeing as you have 17" wheels and the 94 VR4's had 17" wheels as well.

Shipping is included for 425 if you live in the continental USA, if you live elsewhere, let me know.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
You have change wheels if you want to run them on a first gen. You can either get a set of wheels from a 94 or up, or you can grind a couple of mm's off of the calipers themselves to make them fit under stock wheels. Its not a straight bolt on, but someone on the board ground down the 2nd gen calipers to make them fit under 1st gen wheels. Other than that everything fits perfect.
Clayton

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
forgot to mention, the reason they fit under 94vr4 wheels is because the 94 wheels have a different offset or design to make them stand farther out from the brakes. The diameter isn't a problem, its the width of the calipers. If you have a set of wheels that will clear them, they are a bolt on upgrade.

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JANDOAUDIO- thanks for clearing up that one

But, if its the width of the calipers, I would suspect a spacer at the hub could correct the problem???

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
VR4SL,
No problem, I don't see any reason you couldn't run a small spacer and make them work just fine. I don't know how wide it would have to be, but if you can grind enough off the calipers to make them work the spacer shouldn't have to be more than 5 or ten mm's.

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
No need for the knuckles...

The 2nd gen calipers are a direct fit on the 1st gen hubs as long as the car is a turbo. The hubs are necessary if you're upgrading a NA to the TT brakes (or a bracket is made).

The 2nd gen calipers, though, will fit w/o problems with a 5mm spacer on the stock 1st gen wheels. Spacers are cheap. No need to get H&R unless you're racing and need the longer lugs.

Have fun stopping.

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TWICEBLOWN- Thanks for letting me know! luckily, no final sale was made yet. I confused the braking system from a Viper to a VR-4, where on a VR-4 the caliper switched, but on a Viper the Knuckle changed.

OOPS!

I am going to re-post these as separate items.

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
If you want to repost, then I'd repost as an either/or. Offer up a complete upgrade (and $425 for it all is a great price) for the NAs or separate. I paid $300 for my fronts a while back, then upgraded even more to brembos. So, $125 for the knuckles is a pretty good deal inandof itself.

Twice-

·
Why does everyone argue?
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TWICE- unfortunatly, I no longer have the calipers, so it is an incomplete upgrade for an NA. The rotors may outwheigh that though, as they are fuckin cool as hell... lol:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.