Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 1995 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Re: GB (now closed): Complete Keyless / Proximity Entry & Push Button Start System

The most screwed up thing about the end of this group buy is that I warned the 3si community! They deleted my post in the beginning - middle and I just gave up. Such a big disappointment by the administrators.
WIthout Inteldsign and a few others like him, this entire GB would of been a complete failure.

It's almost mind boggling watching Justin get a free pass from his obligations. He admitted to letting things slide time wise simply because he let it and didn't care because other things were more important (yeah, that's what he told me). Kit was sent without any packging, no directions, nothing.

Seriously, if his number and work information weren't posted, do any of you think you'd be able to reach him? He freakin' disappeared and only answered a select few when he felt like it and even left them hanging most of the time.

Personally, Inteldsign, you saved his ass.

I only watched this thread after I sold my kit because I wanted to make sure the buyer got it working but it's gotten to the point where I'm always left shaking my head.

I've emailed my buyer directly and unsubscribed from this thread. Pratt owes alot of people more than just a thank you. Personally, I wouldn't let him buy me a drink after breaking his promised agreements with me ... but who cares about integrity and a gentlemans agreement right? It must be an old school thing.....

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Re: GB (now closed): Complete Keyless / Proximity Entry & Push Button Start System

The only "free pass" the guy got was the fact nobody took him to court or called the cops.

At least he got it done, unlike a lot of failed group buys out there. Not that I'm excusing Justin. If you pissed that he's not banned, well he hasn't logged on in over five months and he's no longer a verified seller.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

Believe it or not I was able to reach Justin by phone. After I told him the issue he told me he would think on it and call back. Sure enough, he called back with an idea for the probable cause and has already shipped me the replacement I need. Say what you will about how long this took. He seems to be a really good guy that just got overwheled with the size and complexity of this group buy. All for a really cool product that wasnt originally availabe to our community like this.
If this fixes your problem you should post what the fix is for future reference.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Has everyone who ordered received their kit? I tried contacting Justin as I am still waiting he said he would send it out which was about 4 months ago. I have no way to get in contact with him.

·
Motormaniac
501 Posts

Has everyone who ordered received their kit? I tried contacting Justin as I am still waiting he said he would send it out which was about 4 months ago. I have no way to get in contact with him.
NO !!! ...

I have paid for 4 (!!) kits and still haven`t even gotten a question about shipping address .....

As was said earlier I feel like a saint, but due to personal reasons have had very little engagement in the forum for the past year. If you do reach him I would be VERY thankful if you reminded him of this and sent me a PM so I could know that he has gotten the message.

Thanks.

TAZmaniac

·
Unpaid Member
547 Posts

NO !!! ...

I have paid for 4 (!!) kits and still haven`t even gotten a question about shipping address .....

As was said earlier I feel like a saint, but due to personal reasons have had very little engagement in the forum for the past year. If you do reach him I would be VERY thankful if you reminded him of this and sent me a PM so I could know that he has gotten the message.

Thanks.

TAZmaniac
TAZ, I've confirmed your shipping address some time ago and forwarded it to Justin. His PM box is full and has not signed in for quite some time. Your best bet is to email him directly rather than go through a proxy.

Sent from my Nexus 5

·
Registered
60 Posts

NO !!! ...

Thanks.

TAZmaniac
I had 2 email addresses of his and he has not responded to either. It's been a few weeks for one and over 3 months for the other.

·
Unpaid Member
547 Posts

Actually, everyone that has not received their kit, send me a pm with your phone number (with country code for those of you outside the US) and email address. I will be communicating exclusively by those means for all shipping issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

Could somebody post the link to the installation guide? I'm having trouble finding it.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

The power wire, where are you guys hooking it? Nothing in the instructions say anything about it. I assume it needs to be an un-switched wire. or should I hook it to the battery?

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

From my experience, straight to the battery for power and ground

Sent from my Nexus 5
Thanks again, very cool of you to be doing all you have.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

Well, that was successful :) I was a bit worried because USPS used my kit as a soccer ball all the way from CA to TN. I didn't wire up the horn or trunk yet but the rest worked great.

Next question, what is the extra proximity sensor for?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

Well, that was successful :) I was a bit worried because USPS used my kit as a soccer ball all the way from CA to TN. I didn't wire up the horn or trunk yet but the rest worked great.

Next question, what is the extra proximity sensor for?
Do you mean the second round one? There is a plug for the second one to put in a different area of the car. The range on these is very limited. I started another thread with references to information in this thread because it has alot of good info in it but is hard to find -

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/proximity-entry-install-help-651314/

1941 - 1960 of 1995 Posts