Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1995 Posts

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
***GROUP BUY CLOSED- If you want one start looking in the classified section for a person selling his/her kit***

Deadline is this Friday, September 21. If you can't pay in full by then we might be able to work something out, but you'll have to get in touch with me.

EDIT: If you have questions, be sure to read the Q&A first.

Jealous of the fancy keyless entry and push button start on modern luxury cars? Want your 3S to feel new again?

This kit is quite simply the easiest, least expensive way to get modern features like proximity entry and push button start on your 3S - and then some! It supports all years and models, whether they have factory keyless entry or not.

The kit features:
  • Traditional Keyless Entry: The fob has lock/unlock buttons that work just like any keyless system.
  • Proximity Entry: The doors automatically unlock as you approach the car and lock as you leave. Keep the fob in your pocket and you're all set!
  • Push Button Start: Your fob does more than just unlock the doors. It also enables ignition via a push button. Get in, sit down, and start your car without fumbling around!
  • Remote Start: As if push button start isn't cool enough, the fob can also be used to start the vehicle remotely.
  • Remote Hatch Release: By pressing and holding the unlock button, you can release the hatch remotely. I mean, you wouldn't want to use a key, would you?
  • Intrusion Alarm: The kit now includes a siren and alarm that arms when the vehicle is locked and will sound on unauthorized entry.
  • NEW: Add-on modules with additional functionality can be connected to the harness.

Included:
  • Main unit.
  • Two Keyless / RFID fobs with lock, unlock and remote start buttons.
  • Backup (passive) card: In case you let both fobs run out of batteries or something. :) This is the backup plan.
  • Nearly-plug-and-play 3S-specific harness for greatly simplified install. Uses professional, sealed connectors and flame-retardant sleeving.
  • Siren for audible status ("chirps") and alarm.
  • Hatch release solenoid.
  • Idiot-proof instructions.
  • My number and email for support.

Optional Modules: (coming soon)
  • Advanced alarm
  • Window control

You tell me - which one do you wanna carry in YOUR pocket? Smaller than a credit card and thinner than the head on a stock key!

This is my preferred button mount - doesn't get much more OEM-looking than this!

There is no limit to this group buy, so jump on in! I seriously doubt there will be another.

This is the list of folks who are PAID in full (or have some arrangement worked out with me):

1. tensecs2fame *** PAID ***
  2. hot943KGT *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  3. DCIV *** PAID ***
  4. vitalivr4 *** PAID ***
  5. RIP50AK *** PAID ***
  6. oreidenewyork - Scott *** PAID ***
  7. sportsterrider37 *** PAID ***
  8. bdranck *** PAID ***
  9. Jeremy R *** PAID ***
  10. Daneboy5 *** PAID ***
  11. Joeshorty *** PAID ***
  12. Jin356b *** PAID ***
  13. sincitystealth *** PAID ***
  14. GTOGSXR *** PAID ***
  15. vooch *** PAID ***
  16. Willens himself *** PAID ***
  17. Geoff 3GT *** PAID ***
  18. alex10superman ***PAID ***
  19. 3krazygt *** PAID ***
  20. Rom3BreaK *** PAID ***
  21. bcarroll76 *** PAID ***
  22. vandyfan *** PAID ***
  23. n2nsanity *** PAID ***
  24. Turbo Powered *** PAID ***
  25. NickS VR4 *** PAID ***
  26. ADiggidoyoF *** PAID ***
  27. xwire *** PAID ***
  28. IJSaul *** PAID ***
  29. SilverGhost *** PAID ***
  30. dfz3000gt *** PAID ***
  31. blaze7761 *** PAID ***
  32. bryantaylor *** PAID ***
  33. WxofxW *** PAID ***
  34. zkruly87 *** PAID ***
  35. speed hunter *** PAID ***
  36. BamBam *** PAID ***
  37. futurevr4man *** PAID ***
  38. Dallas3000GT *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  39. Lancelot_GT *** PAID ***
  40. roybatty *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  41. rocrom *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  42. CoopKill *** PAID ***
  43. TGtwinturbo *** PAID ***
  44. Boon93 *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  45. DragPro *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  46. 3sjon *** PAID ***
  47. sergechronos *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  48. gs1000kat *** PAID ***
  49. Lunchbox *** PAID ***
  50. kubeshauseli *** PAID ***
  51. vivalamatt *** PAID ***
  52. Inteldsign *** PAYMENT ARRANGED ***
  53. TAZmaniac *** PAIDx4 ***
  54. Mitsu#Mikko *** PAID ***
  55. 2501 *** PAID ***
  56. aberabee *** PAID ***
  57. 99tresmil *** PAID ***
  58. DaveAust *** PAID ***

There are a lot of features to cover, so I'll continue to post updates and documentation to this thread.

The price is $399. This is a bit more expensive than my initial estimate, but since then I have added a few things to the kit to improve it and make installation easier (most notably, it now comes standard with a siren and alarm). Trust me; it's worth it.

Group buy is closed, thanks everyone!

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
re: Group Buy: Complete Keyless / Proximity Entry & Push Button Start System (+more!)

This video covers vehicle entry, the most basic feature.

A couple things not mentioned in the video:

• If you actually don't want proximity entry (I can't imagine why, it's one of the coolest features), it can be disabled.
  • Flashing the lights as depicted in this video can be disabled.
  • There is a siren that chirps once on lock and twice on unlock just like the turn signals. This too can be disabled (I have it off in the video because I was working on this all day and didn't want to annoy the neighbors lol). Keep in mind if you disable the siren, you have no alarm.
  • There is also an LED that blinks red for locked and blue for unlocked. Yep, you guessed it - can be disabled.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y--bHe8WqT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video covers how you can operate accessories with the push button system.

Cliffs notes:

• Start button is active only when the key fob is in range (think of it as sticking the key in the ignition).
  • One push is the "ACC" (accessory) position.
  • Second push is "ON".
  • Third push is "OFF".
  • Pressing the brake puts the system in "START" mode (covered later).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dwmX8lwfPMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
re: Group Buy: Complete Keyless / Proximity Entry & Push Button Start System (+more!)

This video covers starting the car.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dOiiord2abk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

This is the main unit which controls all the keyless functions and push-button start. Modules have their own cases.

My hatch release setup is a breeze to install and mounts unobtrusively. Every step of the install has highly detailed instructions with pictures and even video in some cases.

<span style='font-size: 20px'>Q & A</span><table><tr style='background: #333333; color: #FFFFFF'><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Question</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Answer</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>On what 3S years / models will this work?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>All of them! The kit will work on ALL years (1991-1999), ALL trims (base, SL, VR-4, Spyder, etc), and ALL options (factory keyless entry or not, etc).

Well, for completeness I should mention - there are actually some base-model 1991 Stealths that have MANUAL door locks and windows. It will not work on those. They are like unicorns though; I've never seen one.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Will you be making more of these?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Probably not. If you want one, it's best to get in on this.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>How much does it weigh?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>It's negligible. Maybe 2 or 3 lbs total.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Will this kit work with my (insert other aftermarket alarm system here)?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>I can't make any guarantees. There's no strict reason it won't work with another unit, but if they offer duplicate functionality or don't play nice, you might end up with weird results.

I would recommend you remove your old aftermarket alarm before installation.
</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>What about factory keyless entry?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>The factory keyless is OK, I have tested that. You can remove it, but actually you don't even need to! As long as it is unlocked and you don't use it, things will be fine. It's only annoying if you try to use both (sometimes this happens if your battery dies and the factory keyless resets). It's easily resolved just by disarming the factory system again, which can be done either with the remote or by turning a key in the door.
</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Is the kit hard to install?
</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>
Not at all. It is almost entirely plug-and-play. I've figured it out so you don't have to. I take care of all the programming before the kit gets to you. My harness takes all the pain out of installation. It plugs in at the main unit and the ignition switch connector under the dash.

Installing the main unit requires removing the driver's kick panel. Installing the hatch release requires that you remove the rear trunk panel.
</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>
Can I revert to a key to unlock and start the car?
</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>
Yes. You can always unlock the doors manually with a key. If you remove your tumbler when installing the kit, you would obviously need to reinstall it to use a key to start the car.

What do I do about a dead battery?
</td>
<td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>
Just like any keyless system, if the battery is dead you will need your key to physically open the door. Whether you keep it at home, on your person, or hide it on the car is up to you.

What I do is take my key with me any time I am going to be away for an extended period - like when I'm leaving it at the airport.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>
What if I lose one or both of my fobs? Can I get them replaced?
</td>
Yes, I can program a replacement and send it to you for a fee. Then there's a procedure you'll need to do to pair it with your unit. I am also considering selling extras, so if you're interested in purchasing more than two let me know.

Am I locked out if I lose my fobs?
</td>
You can use the backup card to enter and start the vehicle.
What if I lose both my fobs AND the backup card?
</td>
Call me. When I get done laughing, I can send you replacements and walk you through getting yourself out of this mess.

I'll charge by the hour or something, I dunno. :) In the meantime, at worst, you can go back to using a real key.
Where can I mount the button?
</td>
Anywhere. My favorite spot is over the original keyhole (pictured above). I include instructions for a couple different mounts.
</td></tr><tr>
I don't like that button, can I get a different one?
</td>
This is one of the few per-kit customizations I'm allowing (for an extra fee). I can make the kit work with just about any button you want. You can even use a stock button. Guys that choose to keep their key tumbler (bleh) might be a fan of this option. It has to be momentary though; no toggles, etc.

Buttons that are made for push-button start usually have LEDs in them. For these kits I am using buttons with amber, green, and red LEDs. If you pick a button that doesn't have these, and you want visual indication of your vehicle's state, you'll have to install LEDs elsewhere (this is actually how my personal kit works - my LEDs are in the cluster).
I really want (insert another feature here)!
</td>
At this point, I am not doing per-kit customizations. I am, however, offering modules that add functionality to the kit. If you have a feature in mind, let me know.

OK, so you're not doing customizations. Can I add stuff?
</td>
Yes. If you know what you're doing, the documentation that comes with the kit should be enough to get you going. I can't support custom additions though.
Do I have to remove the key tumbler?
</td>
Strictly speaking, no, you don't have to. Here's the deal with keeping the tumbler:

Our cars have a mechanical steering lock that is operated by the key tumbler. When you install this kit, all the functionality of your key moves to the new system - EXCEPT for the mechanical steering lock. Short of designing a new steering lock (which would add cost and difficulty to the install) there is just no way to get around it.

So, you have two choices. Delete it, or keep it. It's your choice.

If you keep it, you will need your key to unlock the steering. That is all your key will do - it won't start the car, it won't turn on accessories, nada. The button does, and the RFID key must be in range to do these thigs. So, you could keep the key in the car if you wanted. Or not. It's up to you.

The other choice is to remove it, which disables the steering lock. This is what I did on my car.

You can also get tricky - maybe keep the tumbler, but hide it behind the button. It's up to you, I just want to make sure you understand your options.
</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>How does the harness connect?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>The harness plugs into the main unit with two sealed Delphi Metri-Pack connectors, a 150 series and a 280 series. On the other end, it connects to the OEM ignition connector. Then there are a few miscellaneous connections for the start button, siren, brake, etc.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>What is the size of the main unit?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>6" x 5" x 2".</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>What is the power consumption?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>1mA, probably even less. A non-issue pretty much.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>How do you open the hatch and remote start the car?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Press and hold the unlock button to pop the hatch. There's a dedicated button on the fob for remote start.</td></tr></table>

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Q&A Cont.
<table>
<tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>What if I'm working around the car? Will it lock/unlock a lot? Is that annoying?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>I have been working around the car with this system a lot and in my experience, it isn't a problem at all. If I'm working on the car, and I don't want the car to lock/unlock, I usually leave the fob inside the car. That way it stays disarmed. If I'm not working on the car, I don't take the fob with me into the garage.

Some people have asked about a feature such as time delay or requiring you to touch the handle to arm/disarm. I'll consider incorporating something like that into the kit if it doesn't complicate things to much. At the moment I don't plan to do so.</td></tr><tr><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>What happens if my fob battery dies / gets thrown out the window while I'm driving?</td><td style='border-style:solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px'>Nothing. The car won't shut down or anything. Of course, you'd need it to restart (or keep your backup card on you).</td></tr></table>

·
Audio Fanatic
358 Posts

[*]Intrusion Alarm: The kit now includes a siren and alarm that arms when the vehicle is locked and will sound on unauthorized entry.
My factory doesnt have a factory alarm, so I have a question. What sensors does the car have from the factory? Door triggers, a hood trigger, and a trunk trigger?

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My factory doesnt have a factory alarm, so I have a question. What sensors does the car have from the factory? Door triggers, a hood trigger, and a trunk trigger?
As-is for you the alarm would only sound for the door triggers. I'd be happy to share what you would need to do to add the hatch / hood triggers. You'd need to run the wiring yourself though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Just payed for mine. Pay pal account in register on my wife's name. Yuliya Tirado = vitalivr4. Justin, how soon you can ship them out? Thank you

·
Audio Fanatic
358 Posts

As-is for you the alarm would only sound for the door triggers. I'd be happy to share what you would need to do to add the hatch / hood triggers. You'd need to run the wiring yourself though.
That'd be easy though, right? Wouldnt I tie into the trunk with the cargo light, and just install a DEI hood pin?

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That'd be easy though, right? Wouldnt I tie into the trunk with the cargo light, and just install a DEI hood pin?
Exactly. Not hard at all; it's just not part of the standard harness.

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Just payed for mine. Pay pal account in register on my wife's name. Yuliya Tirado = vitalivr4. Justin, how soon you can ship them out? Thank you
Got it, thanks! Once we get a few people paid, I'll order the remaining parts. After that, each kit must be tested, programmed, and shipped individually, so I'll go in order of payment. That would make you first. ;)

·
-Driftus Maximus-
887 Posts

This is so cool! In for more details as they come.

Really need other things for my car but this just jumped to the top of the list!

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,306 Posts

Awesome. Payment sent. (Frank G)

·
Hybrid power 50+mpg FTW!!
3,239 Posts

Will this be an ongoing sale or just limited production? I have few issues to contend with on the car before I can pull the trigger on this but will deff get the setup..:D

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts

This is amazing!!!! Once I get my car up and running I will be buying this.

·
My car is a money pit
2,768 Posts

i, like everyone else, am curious how long you will be doing these as well

·
Registered
6,794 Posts

Unfortunately, like the last group buy I was a part of, this happened way too fast. I will make payment as soon as I can. Will probably be at least a week.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Question, after the installation of the kit, can I still use my key to override the system? i.e. open the door and drive the car in case I don't have the fob with me? Is it a huge process to switch back and forth between key and fob? Reason I asked is, what if I lost the fob when I am outside but I still have my key with me, I just want to know if I can drive home without getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Also, would it be possible to add a "security sequence" before the engine can start? i.e. like pressing the brake twice, press the clutch once, and then hold the brake to press the engine start button to start the engine. So someone can't just steal the fob and drive away the car immediately, although it's really not that hard to break into the ignition system of our car anyways... just asking.

·
King Of The Castle
3,714 Posts

Unfortunately, like the last group buy I was a part of, this happened way too fast. I will make payment as soon as I can. Will probably be at least a week.
right there with you lol i get paid monday ill send 100-200 bux so you can begin to make mine with that work?

also can we get some pics of the brain box, key fobs, ect

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Awesome. Payment sent. (Frank G)
Got it, thanks!

Will this be an ongoing sale?
Definitely not at this price. After that, I don't know. We'll see.

Not a problem.

Question, after the installation of the kit, can I still use my key to override the system? i.e. open the door and drive the car in case I don't have the fob with me? Is it a huge process to switch back and forth between key and fob? Reason I asked is, what if I lost the fob when I am outside but I still have my key with me, I just want to know if I can drive home without getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Yes, you can switch back to a key. It's not a huge process.

Also, would it be possible to add a "security sequence" before the engine can start? i.e. like pressing the brake twice, press the clutch once, and then hold the brake to press the engine start button to start the engine. So someone can't just steal the fob and drive away the car immediately, although it's really not that hard to break into the ignition system of our car anyways... just asking.
The kit is finalized at this point. A lot of people signed on based on the current functionality. To make any changes, you'd have to get EVERYONE to agree.

1 - 20 of 1995 Posts