Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been mulling over the idea.. I've spent a stupid amount of money to get a decent palm that's extremely outdated, find a new battery for it, get a serial adapter, etc. etc. in order to use MMCd and datalog on my 1g DSM.

I was thinking of porting MMCd to Android and then creating a bridge via Bluetooth from the OBD port of the car. Obviously this would be with first gens in mind, but I could likely expand it to include second gens at a later date (and when I have access to a second gen for testing). Let me know what you think, and if you would like to be added to an update list, send me a PM with your email (or post it here). Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,248 Posts
Im always down for some innovation.

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts
Dude I would LOVE to see this, we need a damn datalogger for android

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first obstacle is the fact that there is no direct OBD-I to bluetooth connector - so I would have to either buy a serial > bluetooth adapter and then make a cable to go from OBD-I to the adapter, or make one from scratch that goes straight from the OBD-I connector to bluetooth (which is likely the way I'm going to approach it.)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've looked into this and I had a hard time finding a BT adapter that supported the weird baud rate you need to connect. If you had something spec'd out I'd love to check it out.

·
Crimson Jihad
2,138 Posts
Please make this happn... My palm screen only works when it feels like.

·
Premium Member
7,248 Posts
I just get tired of not being able to use mine in low light, or the dumb batteries go dead before i get a chance to replace them. Then i have to reinstall the programs and live with lost logs.

·
vice prez: TPW
8,091 Posts
There is something similar for OBDII, but it does not log knock.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/android-obd-ii-data-logging-app-503053/

MMCd would be awesome!

Great Idea, I could see a lot of potential in this, you could easily put this up on the Android market and make a killing at a good price.

Though, since I'm OBDII I'm just going to have to wait for EVOScan to go Android.

-John

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is something similar for OBDII, but it does not log knock.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/android-obd-ii-data-logging-app-503053/

MMCd would be awesome!

Great Idea, I could see a lot of potential in this, you could easily put this up on the Android market and make a killing at a good price.

Though, since I'm OBDII I'm just going to have to wait for EVOScan to go Android.

-John
As I said, I can likely integrate an OBDII component as well. They actually make OBDII bluetooth adapters.

·
3S Surgeon
2,818 Posts
Sooo in for this for 2g's! (and 1G too cuz I'll probably have one at some point)

·
Keeps fragging heads...
2,874 Posts
omfggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg man I've been SCOURING the internet for something like that, already made. I was wondering why i had no luck :-/

plz do it (EDIT) TODAY. I was A B O U T to throw down on one of those old ass palm pilots :-/

i would LOVE to droid it out

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll buy it for obd1 how soon? I need one now!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Oh, and I'm interested as well. Put me on the update list please.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts