Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a really old post, and I could be wrong, but I don't think he ever started creating these. I've had the old style on mine, but removed it to go back to a stock look. It looks something like this (only mine is a 5 spd)

I'm willing to sell it. It doesn't work with the stock shifter, but I have all of that (shifter and plate all polished up). I'll even throw in a chrome shift ball to match. If you're interested, if not, no big deal.
I'm interested. I'm new to manual, so I'd like to minimize potential catastrophic disasters as much as possible. What about it doesn't work with the stock shifter? Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm interested. I'm new to manual, so I'd like to minimize potential catastrophic disasters as much as possible. What about it doesn't work with the stock shifter? Thanks for the reply
The stock shifter doesn't sit high enough to clear the plate. Plus the movement of the stock shifter doesn't play well with the plate. The gated shifter has a longer shift shaft to clear the plate, plus the changes to the connections to the shifter cables to accommodate the slightly different shift movement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The stock shifter doesn't sit high enough to clear the plate. Plus the movement of the stock shifter doesn't play well with the plate. The gated shifter has a longer shift shaft to clear the plate, plus the changes to the connections to the shifter cables to accommodate the slightly different shift movement.
Ah gotcha, how much were you looking to get for the shifter + plate?

·
Registered
428 Posts
41 - 44 of 44 Posts