Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am putting my engine back together and I don't remember if these block off plate has a gasket on them when they were removed. I also could not locate them in the manual.
Can some please let me know if they just bolt on metal to metal?

Thanks

Attachments

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
Yes, there is usually a metal gasket just like the south end with the thermostat housing/water neck. "Revised" ones have tabs to hold them into place without falling off during installation. RTV is optional but not really needed, such as the Permatex water-glycol resistant one.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use RTV on all of my gaskets, they won't leak,

RTV is another of those big scams.
It's pretty much all the same, they put different coloured dyes in for different colours, put it in different packages with different labels but it's still RTV and it's all high temperature and all works the same.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I've used the Felpro paper ones too. They work well, just put a thin layer of the light blue RTV for cooling systems on both sides. FYI - they are the same gasket that's used on the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the reply and suggestions.
What are those parts called so I know what gasket to look for if I decided to go with the gasket. Truth be told I hate those paper thinks.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,447 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts