Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

GA3S Track Day, Dyno and 1/4 results!!!

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  mykiss69 
#1 ·
Well this weekend was a blast. got to meet alot of cool people from the board that i've never met. I got to see maTT's blue beast which was everything i thought it would be.

So day one, the dyno day and Battleground:

dynoed at:
161 hp - second pull
174 trqe - first pull

Second Day @ Silver Dollar Raceway

made about 8 passes and i could have made a whole lot more.
I was one of two i think representin the ATX!

fasted run of the day:
R/T: .365
60': 2.44
330: 6.875
1/8: 10.43
MPH: 68.64
1000: 13.44
1/4: 16.00
MPH: 87.84

My best trap speed of the day was 90.07 but i got a 16.16 on that pass

All and all it was a blast, i think last time i was at silver dollar i ran mid 16's, same set up only this time i've got a newer engine in there so i guess the new engine was half a second faster!

I was pretty satified with those times but when ya get a 16 flat your just DYINGGGGGGG to get break the 15's. But with only intake and exhaust i actually did better than i thought i would and this is really a push of encouragement to keep continueing the quest to shave milliseconds one at a time. So next time i see a track i bes be gettin some 15's!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
<-- envious

Nice eruns, get my mods and you'll see mid 15s fo sho.

#5 ·
I hope I hit those times when I get everything in my motor straight. That 60' time is insane compared to mine. You are half a second faster than I was with the same mods. Then again, you aren't burning oil badly.

#8 ·
cool, im going to be hitting the track at the end of the month, i think its an eight, im gonna try and hit 'the rock' sometime its the closest 1/4but i should be running 1/8 times close to his, since i was running 10.7 b4 the mods :bandit:

#9 · (Edited)
That 16.0 with just an intake and exhaust is pretty good. Here's a pass I made for comparison. I got somewhere around 165K miles on my motor. My mph are almost the same, but my 60' really sucks. Bald tires don't help either.

60': 2.575
1/8: 10.774
MPH: 68.91
1/4: 16.457
MPH: 87.38

I think a test pipe, pulley, and a bit of weight reduction should help you get in the 15's. (test pipe, intake, and some weight reduction took about .2sec off my time)

#10 ·
RedHotRidur said:
That 16.0 with just an intake and exhaust is pretty good. Here's a pass I made for comparison. I got somewhere around 165K miles on my motor. My mph are almost the same, but my 60' really sucks. Bald tires don't help either.

60': 2.575
1/8: 10.774
MPH: 68.91
1/4: 16.457
MPH: 87.38

I think a test pipe, pulley, and a bit of weight reduction should help you get in the 15's.
question? is my car just that good or yalls that bad? mine is a SOHC and is running times like that w/ just a CAI :bandit:

#12 ·
RedHotRidur said:
my car must just suck. motor had 150K on it when i got it, and it didn't seem to have been taken care of very well.
yeah, mine had 136k when i got it, up to 176k now, i dont know much about prior maintance but I did find a oil bottle cap ring(u know the thing that tells ya if the seal has been broken) laying inside the valve cover :bandit:

#13 ·
RedHotRidur said:
my car must just suck. motor had 150K on it when i got it, and it didn't seem to have been taken care of very well.

i got a question: do you guys get into 3rd gear on the track?
I don't think i ever hit third gear. got a good jump off the line, shifted into second and rode that all the way down the track and let off.

Yeah i ran like a 16.2,... pulled my spare out and ran a 16.00! I know taking out the spare helped some but it was also probably just a really good run. After that i was like, fuck it and took my passenger seat out as well, didn't help at all. Def. gonna get the test pipe and pulley and see if i can break 15s. I guess any upgrade whatsoever should put me in the 15's. I didn't think i would run 16 flat but i guess the new engine had a few more ponies in it then the original one.

#14 ·
CDoe3KGT said:
I don't think i ever hit third gear. got a good jump off the line, shifted into second and rode that all the way down the track and let off.

Yeah i ran like a 16.2,... pulled my spare out and ran a 16.00! I know taking out the spare helped some but it was also probably just a really good run. After that i was like, fuck it and took my passenger seat out as well, didn't help at all. Def. gonna get the test pipe and pulley and see if i can break 15s. I guess any upgrade whatsoever should put me in the 15's. I didn't think i would run 16 flat but i guess the new engine had a few more ponies in it then the original one.
You had to have hit 3rd gear since all of your traps were past 82 (where 2nd redlines). However, this year at the track I'm going to see how long I can ride out 2nd (to 7300 rpm). If my car is considerably faster than before, which I fully expect since my engine will be more modded and healthy, I might say screw it at let it shift on its own.

Get a downpipe with your testpipe. Trust me. Best $350 I ever spent.

#15 ·
CDoe3KGT said:

wow man where did you get that engine from ;)

#17 ·
oh definatly, downpipe is in the plans, i want those headers as well, the ones that ek2fm?!?!?! w/e his name is that makes like EVERYTHING. I wanted to get in on the GB but didn't have the money then and i got money now but im trying to save cuz me, I am Me N u R u, and RussianVR4 are trying to get a house down here in Atlanta so im trying to keep some aside from that but now that my car is totally paid off the mods will start trickling in.

#19 ·
CDoe3KGT said:
I got my engine from Kevin, he put special "stuff" in it before he shipped it out to me :D
Ah okay. So your engine is in pretty decent shape too then. That makes me feel optimistic about the track this year.

#20 ·
CDoe3KGT said:
I got my engine from Kevin, he put special "stuff" in it before he shipped it out to me :D
hey i didnt ship it i hand delivered it :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.