Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have a G-Tech thing that measures, 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time...yada yada yada, if so how much to buy new...and are you satisfied with it..worth it?>

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yup, I got one for about $120 or 125 new about 2 years back. It's pretty good and seems to be fairly accurate interms of the 0-60. Haven't tried it for the quarter yet, can't find a good enough stretch of road in MA for me to run on.

The horsepower measurement is a bit screwy I think, I wouldn't trust what it says, I think it has a variance off the target by about 10% to 20%.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool...where did you get it from?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I don't remember, it was one of the DSM performance shops.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Summit was running a special where if you buy $x worth of parts, they GIVE one to you. Check it out at www.summitracing.com. I buy K&N filters and other replenishable stuff there.

-Bob

·
Registered
456 Posts
Gabe,
It's worth it if you take the time to find a level, straight stretch of road where you can do the testing.
Just be safe.
I like mine alot, has given me consistent results, and I believe the claim that it is about a tenth off, high or low, based on my track times.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I have one for sale. $90.00 shipped. Used once or twice. I got it from the local Mitsu dealer. I get all the parts that they wanna sell.

Works great, looks brand new. If interested paypal the money to

[email protected]

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
Gabe....anything done to your car? I am in the market for a TT and was wondering what the specs are on yours. I am looking for a stock/near stock car w/ under 75k miles.

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
I have used one, seems to be accurate. It was within .2 at the track. I dont think the hp is accurate for an awd car though.
I have seen them at JC Whitney also for around $130 - $140. For about $150 you can get an HKS type 1 turbo timer that does basically the same thing. Check out my website under modifications for more info.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RS VR-4,
I found the hp to be pretty close, but it had to be a good clean pull.
With the old 15g's, I saw an average 412 whp with the G-tech, and the car dynoed at 422whp at AAM.

·
2,994 Posts
if it is inaccuract on hps, what is it rating our cars at?

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Maybe I am wrong, I was under the impression that it read high for wheel hp for our cars. Maybe the difference is in the way the run is done, it is pretty hard to find a level surface for some of us. Brian that is pretty sweet, what was your mods with that reading? I have 15gs know all I need it the arc2 and injectors. That should keep me satisfied for a few months.:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a Gtech and seems to work preaty good. It's a good tunning tool. Has anyone done any stock 3s runs with it. I'm interested in the results. So far I've done a 0-60 of 4.6 seconds on it. And got an HP figure of 242whp. The best way to measure HP with it is to do a clean pull in third in in a mt, and watch the HP readings. The readings get screwed up between shifts where there's sudden jerks and encrease of Gs.

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
Nano
I ran when I was stock, I ran a 14.5 @ 5000 which would be mid 13's at sealevel. My 0-60 when I was stock was around 5.4, I dont know the conversion for that one though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts