Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellaz

Last night it was a joke to take a 2000 Camry Solara v6, my 1993 Stealth ES with only the resonator removed blew it out of the water...short and long distance...I love these cars!

T

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Nice

Good Kill man. Did you race the Convertible or the average SE. The SLE ( Convertible ) is the only V6 other than that it is an I4 engine not a V6. They only have about 135 hp on the SE that can come in either Manual or Auto but the downfall would be the SLE which has a V6 200hp engine but only comes in AUTO. They way about as much as we do so it is a good race for MY ATX THAT IS. A 5-speed should take it pretty nicely. ;)

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
4u2nv - They have other V6 models besides the convertable. My mom drives a 2000 Camry and it says 3000 V6 on the engine and its not a convertable. I drove it and its no I4 thats for sure. It has some balls in first gear, up to about 40 mph i would say. But after that my R/T would smoke it. Hell my R/T would smoke that car in every gear it has :D And yes, hers in an auto.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah sorry about that guys...an hour later after I posted up the reply I talked to my friend who owns one and yes the V6's do come in hard-top too. HEHE.:p ..nonetheless they are very quick cars and very fun to drive ( tested it out today, but didnt let him test out my car, and bitch wouldnt race me. LOL:D ).

And the I4's are not wimpy at all or atleast not all of them. The Type R has really got some balls man. There was a member on the board ( forgot his name ) but he ran 14.3 or so fully stock with his Type R. He said his friends run 14.5's all day fully stock. So that might be one I4 engine that should be very fun and nerve wrecking to lose to. HEHE:D

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
you cant get the 200hp v6 with a 5speed? im positive at the 98 or 99 autoshow in raleigh when these things were coming out that the guy on the microfone said

"CAN you get a 200hp Solara with a 5speed?"

"the answer is yes!"

cuz i distinctly remember me and my friend going "Booo, noone cares"

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Deathsled said:
cuz i distinctly remember me and my friend going "Booo, noone cares"
LMAO :D

·
650's installed, yea baby
659 Posts
Yes the Solara's come with a 5 speed and a V-6, I should know, the wife drives one. Ok accelaration, mushy handling. Now throw in the TRD super charger and TRD coilovers and you have a different car.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah well SuperCharger Kits as well as TurboCharger Kits can fix almost any cars performance. DAMNIT I need to get one. HEHE:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts