Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Fyi....true Dual Exhaust, Front/down Pipe, Mufflers For Under $300

454 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Damon 
#1 · (Edited)
DO IT YOURSELF....true Dual Exhaust, Front/down Pipe, Mufflers For Under $300

I trashed my stock exhaust system and built a new one for under 300 bucks.
Started out finding a place on the web that sold Y pipes and bought two. Then went to e-bay and picked up two mufflers.

BigExhaust.com 1.856.273.9607
Provide Each $27.91
Y-Pipe 2.5" IN/DUAL 2.5" OUT/SINGLE 10" Long

Megan Racing Inc 909-598-8082
NEW TearDrop 4"Tip Muffler Exhaust w/silencer
US $60.99 each

Got all the pipe from a local auto shop along with the claps(1.09 each) and hangers (1.95 each)

Have the front pipe from each side of the engine coming down to the first Y. Nice flow with the back pipe having its own bend till it gets to the Y section instead of just the front one. This sits horizontal with both pipes now leading to one. Have a single straight pipe all the way back to almost the gastank and split it up with the second Y. Now this piece sits vertical. Rout it to each side where the old mufflers use to be mounted and threw on the new mufflers.

Drilled a hole for the 02 sensor and sealed it. It is about 1/4th the weight of stock and eliminates all the crap. The mufflers have a deep throaty sound.
Nice looking, polished, big, dual mufflers in the back!!!!

150 shipped for mufflers
65 shipped for Y pipes
50 for rest of pipes
7 for connecting brackets
15 for clamps and hangers

See less See more
#4 ·
WE WANT PICS!!! Especially of that Kaze front. Hey se7en, do you know a girl named Jeanetter Crowder? I think she lives in Manhattan.

#5 ·
I am dieing to get that front end on!!!! It is just sitting in my living room. Waiting to buy 99 or 97 spoiler then paint the whole car with the kaze and hood on

Mmmmm i do not know this girl......is she going to KSU up here or is she just from Manhattan?

#6 ·
Actually she's a cousin of mine. I believe she just graduated from KSU and was living in the area. I guess I should call her and check up. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
I think she's actually working as a secretary for some air traffic control station. Can't remember... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.