Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good used condition. Valve bodys for these transmissions have been discontinued from what I can find. Asking $220 shipped obo. Unknown milage but I think it's around 140ish. Solenoids may not come with it they're pending sale, those can still be bought on rockauto.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
32 Posts
I may be interested. I'm having an issue with mine but would you recommend doin this if you gotta replace the solenoids anyway? How do you know if your valvebody is bad or not?

You wouldn't have the part number for the solenoids on rockauto do you?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be interested. I'm having an issue with mine but would you recommend doin this if you gotta replace the solenoids anyway? How do you know if your valvebody is bad or not?

Thanks!!!
Just go on rockauto and select 99 3000gt dohc engine (not the turbo option) then go to the auto trans tab and select the torque clutch converter solenoid assembly.

I dont know much about auto transmissions but it not wanting to shift at all I would imagine would be an indicator for bad valve body. If its slipping that's the clutch packs. Popping out of gear could be the valve body as well possibly.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks!!!
As far as replacing this since it needs new solenoids, idk that's up to you. You do have completely remove the valve body to get the solenoids off so it's one of those things of since your there why not if you have it.

·
Registered
1992 Dodge Stealth RT TT - 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT ATX
32 Posts
Just go on rockauto and select 99 3000gt dohc engine (not the turbo option) then go to the auto trans tab and select the torque clutch converter solenoid assembly.

I dont know much about auto transmissions but it not wanting to shift at all I would imagine would be an indicator for bad valve body. If its slipping that's the clutch packs. Popping out of gear could be the valve body as well possibly.

Alright well mine is a 94 (July of 93') and its shifting 1st and second but when you keep trying to accelerate it downshifts on its own to 1st hard while your trying to increase speed. 1st, 2nd, & reverse work fine. Im going to repair the TCUs first but this was my next guess.

The Part number im looking at when I type in my 94 is #ATP TE29 and is the solenoid master kit (12 OHM) and its the only one available. Is there any changes from 94 up on the F4A33 that I should know of? I have heard of different ohm solenoids but I'm new to the ATX's

One more thing is how do you like the shift kit???

Thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright well mine is a 94 (July of 93') and its shifting 1st and second but when you keep trying to accelerate it downshifts on its own to 1st hard while your trying to increase speed. 1st, 2nd, & reverse work fine. Im going to repair the TCUs first but this was my next guess.

The Part number im looking at when I type in my 94 is #ATP TE29 and is the solenoid master kit (12 OHM) and its the only one available. Is there any changes from 94 up on the F4A33 that I should know of? I have heard of different ohm solenoids but I'm new to the ATX's

One more thing is how do you like the shift kit???

Thank you!!!!
The solenoids I mentioned about on rockauto are 12 ohm. That part never changed. The reason I said to search 1999 instead if your specific yr is because a lot of times they wont list a part for your year but probably do for a later year and it's the same part. And I couldn't tell you anything about the shift kit. The trans wasnt in one of my cars. It was in a customer car that I did a 5spd swap on. He said he loved it, but he constantly had issues with the clutch packs even after multiple attempts of trying to rebuild the trans.

If you want the valve body and the solenoids let me know I'll do $260 shipped for the whole thing. Haven't heard from the guy that initially wanted the solenoids in days even after sending him multiple messages. So they're back on the market. If you just want the solenoids then $110 shipped. Just let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts