Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving to work I have began to notice a funny vibration that comes and goes, pulse like in a since. Its not effectd by engin rpms...but speed seem to make a difference. I am not for sure, but it sound like it is comming from behind me. I fell like it could be in the drive line. I do have the typical drive shaft play that common for our VR4's. I have inspected all the U-joints on th DS, but all seemed tight and in good cond.

It's most noticable around 80 mph, so in town driving does not seem to be affected.

It tips or sugestions would be great!

Josh

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a similar situtation to yours. Vibration and noise just like you describe, from the back end. Only in conjunction with speed, not RPMs. Had the Mitsu dealer check everything, and everything checked out fine. Then they said it could just be 'tire noise' causing the vibration. Sure enough, I took it to a tire service center and they found that my rear tires had developed a 'flat spot', due to the extreme negative camber of the rear wheels and uneven tire wear. Turns out that the inner tire surface will wear out faster than the outer surface. They said that this is normal on these cars. I know you can have the camber adjusted on the rear, but I've never done it. Check with some others on this site.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts