Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Did this project ever get completed??? or has the new 99' taken all your time up?
I'm waiting on ray to finish r&d on his diff brace. I also decided to learn how to weld on my own because I came to the realization that no one around here will do it how I want it and no one will care more about the car than myself. Other than that I am building a few locals cars and messing with the 99, so in a way sort of but this will get completed soon.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
diff brace? rear diff?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
diff brace? rear diff?
Ray has been working on a front diff brace to try to prevent the mid housing from cracking. I believe he is just about finished with it.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
Okay, that makes more sense. Rear doesn’t need a brace.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Update so that you guys don't think this died.

I received an intake manifold this week that I had been waiting for for a very long time. I was unhappy with the quality and sent it back. I contacted Brian immediately after taking a look at that intake and shipped my lower to him for modification. After chatting with him a little bit, I talked myself into going drive by wire as well. Ordered a 90mm BBK Mustang GT throttle body this morning.

Now that I pushed the ball back into motion, it should not be long. I've told the locals I can not take their cars again until mine is completed (I have 2 left to get out) and I'm just about caught up with life as well (ring purchase coming soon).

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm shipping my stuff to brian too. His manifold is amazing. What was wrong with the one you recieved?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I'm shipping my stuff to brian too. His manifold is amazing. What was wrong with the one you recieved?
Huh, I just noticed your sig. It will be interesting to compare the two once both are up and running.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Volk lower control arms and Pitroad M uppers installed.

Should be dropping the subframe shortly to install the volk weld in aws delete and upgraded away bar.

Been practicing my welding as well, going to order the material to do the turbo crossover and put it together soon.

Also, bought a cheap cxracing piping kit to build intercooler piping out of.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
don't see the pics but saw them on FB. looking good

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Blue3k- what did you not like about the intake manifold?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Blue3k- what did you not like about the intake manifold?
Aluminum shards just about to break off at the cut sections (checked with a borescope). Also pretty sure it was not back purged from the looks of the penetrating welds.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
More progress in the last week. Deleted the AWS using the Volk Metal Craft kit. Sandblasted the subframe, restored, installed addco sway bar, and reinstalled. Undercoated the remainder of the car, and restored the fuel tank. I am going to be running the fuel lines tonight and should be starting on the fab work for the turbo manifold.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Looks great! That's a ton of effort and it shows. I've thought about cleaning mine up, but then I'd never want to drive it. If that was mine, I'd probably put mirrors on my garage floor. That way I could stare at the cleanliness, as I walked by it everyday. :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Looks great! That's a ton of effort and it shows. I've thought about cleaning mine up, but then I'd never want to drive it. If that was mine, I'd probably put mirrors on my garage floor. That way I could stare at the cleanliness, as I walked by it everyday. :D
Thanks everyone. Also, the mirror idea sounds great haha.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts