Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Where did you get the custom age main studs?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Where did you get the custom age main studs?
I want to say I bought them from maximal. They are DSM head studs so you need 2 boxes. Part number 207-4302

·
Registered
229 Posts
Who is running a dogbox on there ride? Pros and cons if you will plz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
My car is a money pit
2,765 Posts
Transmission parts are so expensive now, you will start to see things like dog boxes become more common I think. I spent ~$1300 on my 3rd gear, 2nd gear, a slider and 2 synchros... it adds up quick if you have more stuff wrong.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Who is running a dogbox on there ride? Pros and cons if you will plz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Transmission parts are so expensive now, you will start to see things like dog boxes become more common I think. I spent ~$1300 on my 3rd gear, 2nd gear, a slider and 2 synchros... it adds up quick if you have more stuff wrong.
I ordered syncros, billet forks, and a bearing/seal kit before going inside mine. If I knew how much stuff I would be replacing, I would have went ahead and bought the dogbox.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I forgot to post this update. I finished the counter shaft a while back. Moving over to the input shaft, I found it damaged and the corresponding bearing race cracked from the guy who rebuilt it last. Luckily I have a spare. I also bought a new 3rd gear and a good condition used 5th since they were beat up. Going to assemble the new input shaft but I am now waiting on Ray to complete his new brace he is developing

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
New 3rd?! I'm jealous. There are no new 3rd's for the 6 speeds left... I had to get a really nice used one from 3SX
Supercar engineering has new 1st 2nd and 3rd gears for the 6 speed... unless I bought the last ones ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am painting my engine bay as well, what did you use for your heat shield on the fire wall? I am contemplating leaving mine off.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Looks awesome! I would go with the 99 wing. I'm not a fan of the one you have now.
Thanks. I always wanted to have a bunch of rare parts on my car, and it looks better in person. Plus this one will be put to good use.

Wheels look awesome. What offset are you running up front?
Don't remember off the top of my head. I would have to go back in my old emails to the company.

What did you end up doing with your 99 spoiler?
Sold

Damn! How did I miss this build??? What a great project. Subscribed!
:thumbsup:

I am painting my engine bay as well, what did you use for your heat shield on the fire wall? I am contemplating leaving mine off.
Cool it thermotec. I had to order a second box since I goofed up cutting out the first one.

·
Cow man moo?
1,960 Posts
that fuse box is going to be well cooled!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,090 Posts
that fuse box is going to be well cooled!
Maybe the picture is making the fuse box look closer to the Turbo inlet than it actually is. My concern is it may restrict airflow. I had to relocate my fuse box to the location where the ABS unit used to call home. My intercooler pipe needed the fuse box location.

This build is coming along and looks Awesome! As I've stated before, if I find myself at the same car show as Blue3kGTSL, I'll keep my hood closed so I can minimize embarrassment.

Marshall

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Maybe the picture is making the fuse box look closer to the Turbo inlet than it actually is. My concern is it may restrict airflow. I had to relocate my fuse box to the location where the ABS unit used to call home. My intercooler pipe needed the fuse box location.

This build is coming along and looks Awesome! As I've stated before, if I find myself at the same car show as Blue3kGTSL, I'll keep my hood closed so I can minimize embarrassment.

Marshall
Yes, as Marshall stated, the fuse box will be relocated or moved to the side. This is still a test fitting.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts