Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Do as much as you can yourself and find good supply partners. I'm at the mercy of one right now, but told them I will pay expediting fees to jump the line. But throwing money at the situation doesn't always help either.

Reactions: Blue3kGTSL

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Back at it after getting the 99 road worthy again.

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Waiting on some packages for random misc things needed to button it up, buuuutttt

It's almost ready to start!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,254 Posts
Waiting on some packages for random misc things needed to button it up, buuuutttt

It's almost ready to start!

It’s great to see you have addressed heat related issues. With minimal space available, consider finding or having a Turbo inlet filter made that won’t choke your cool air supply. R2C made my filters for my twin set up. K&N didn’t have anything that would supply the needed air I need. Looking Great?

·
Marshall Taylor
1,254 Posts
Finally figured out you have to do it yourself to get it finished.
This statement is unfortunately very true. I’ve been trying to get my body modifications finished up for 3 years now. One guy had it for 2 years and was moving too slowly. I took it to another guy a year ago. He worked on it for 19 hours in the first month. Then he did nothing over the next 11 months. I picked my car up and am preparing it for paint myself in my garage.

Marshall

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Who did the insulation?
I did it myself with heatsheild products header armor. Hopefully it does a good job, if not I will send them out to the same place Brian did after the car is all sorted.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Looks awesome. Nice job on the heat wrap! I tried to use that same product on my front manifold many moons ago. Not sure if I didn’t clamp it down enough or if must’ve gotten too windy up there. It blew all of the backing insulation out and and just left the aluminum exterior part. The insulation was like dusted all over the engine bay. So hopefully it works better for you than it did for me. lol. Looking forward to seeing this thing rip.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Looks awesome. Nice job on the heat wrap! I tried to use that same product on my front manifold many moons ago. Not sure if I didn’t clamp it down enough or if must’ve gotten too windy up there. It blew all of the backing insulation out and and just left the aluminum exterior part. The insulation was like dusted all over the engine bay. So hopefully it works better for you than it did for me. lol. Looking forward to seeing this thing rip.
Not liking that response honestly lol. Fingers crossed mine doesn't do the same thing

·
Marshall Taylor
1,254 Posts
I wrapped my manifolds and then use a Heat Shield Product to help with heat management. Thus far it‘s working. As you stated in this thread, if you have issues you will do as Brian did. He provided me with the contact info:

Thermal Products, Inc.
( Inconel 3000 Heat Thermal Coating)
17365 Daimier St.
Irvine, CA 92614
(800)826-8417

If I have to tear mine down again, I’m definitely going this route.

Marshall

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not liking that response honestly lol. Fingers crossed mine doesn't do the same thing

I used the same stuff on my twin turbo set up and it did a fantastic job in reducing under-hood temps.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
I used the same stuff on my twin turbo set up and it did a fantastic job in reducing under-hood temps.
View attachment 297729
Nice, you used those high heat band clamps, I should have thought of that instead of the pita rivet/safety wire way

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice, you used those high heat band clamps, I should have thought of that instead of the pita rivet/safety wire way

Yes, I ordered them from Heatshield Products along with the required fastening tool at the same time as the insulation. I wrecked a couple of small shields and 2-3 band clamps before I got the technique down but the installation was rock solid.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts