Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,516 Posts
I'm "guessing" that maybe you're going to externally pump oil to the heads?

If so, interested to see that setup....

Cool stuff!

Bob.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
I'm "guessing" that maybe you're going to externally pump oil to the heads?

If so, interested to see that setup....

Cool stuff!

Bob.
No sorry, should have stated they're for crankcase ventilation

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
What exactly did you ask the machine shop to do to that 2JZ? Impressive lack of give a shit on the paint job masking. Love machinists that don't ask questions and just make bad decisions that you get to deal with...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
What exactly did you ask the machine shop to do to that 2JZ? Impressive lack of give a shit on the paint job masking. Love machinists that don't ask questions and just make bad decisions that you get to deal with...
The 2jz was pulled from an sc300. I was only interested in the block and crank really. Stripped the block completely, bought aftermarket pistons and rods, and brought everything to the shop apart. Asked that everything be checked over and cleaned (since junkyard engine), he had to deck the block since it was overheated and he put a nice cross hatch on the cylinders. Apparently he didn't bevel the bottom edge because the new pistons were wearing on the skirts already, the new machine shop pointed that out to me. Decided he was going to paint the block on his own and went crazy with the rattle can. I don't think the crank was even hot tanked at the least. The new place I gave him what I wanted final clearances to be, that I wanted the oil galley balls knocked out and everything re cleaned, he was going to check the line bore and knock the edge down off the bottom of the cylinders and basically recheck everything that was already done.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That's a beast of a bellhousing plate! Good job on manually cutting that. lol. Looks like a butt ton of work. Just curious, none of our vendors had them available?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
That's a beast of a bellhousing plate! Good job on manually cutting that. lol. Looks like a butt ton of work. Just curious, none of our vendors had them available?
I already have a bellhousing brace, this one is for the midcase so that I don't push the front diff out the rear of the trans. It's not too bad, the aluminum is cutting pretty easy so far but a cnc machine would be nice

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Oh sweet. Didn't even notice until you pointed that out. lol. I was more caught off guard by how thick that brace is going to be. lol. Yeah, I'd love to have a CNC or just a mill. There's so many "simple" parts that I'd like to make. I really want to get into AutoCAD or Solidworks. But getting into CNC, hardware and software can get cost prohibitive. Looking forward to seeing this completed! :)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Welded in and clearanced (not pictured). Was very nerve racking welding on the midcase and the fact that I hadn't welded in a while, but I only made one mistake even though I couldn't keep my hands steady.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Nice job. That looks like it'll hold. lol. That looks like it took a lot of effort! How many hours do you got into that bad boy?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Nice job. That looks like it'll hold. lol. That looks like it took a lot of effort! How many hours do you got into that bad boy?
Too many times make them again without a cnc. At least a day and a half with taking breaks to eat and relax for a minute

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,946 Posts
That's how you get shit done!

221 - 240 of 256 Posts