Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The front mount itself already had mounts so I cant take credit for that part being centered. ETS did a fine job with that haha. I was however extremely picky with two visible pipes being even, I'm happy where they ended up now.

As for pressure testing, it didn't really cross my mind so I haven't thought about how I would get that accomplished.

For the turbo manifold and downpipe, I was going to send it out to the same place Brian and the other current stroker thread did but I'm anxious to get this going and don't want to deal with the turn around. I found this and decided to try this out first.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Everything looks good. I'm anal retentive for symmetry. lol.

I know with welding, pin hole leaks are pretty common. That's the only reason I really bring it up. :)

Yeah I hear you there. Not being a sales man for ATP, but they were super fast. They had my shielding done in 5 business day. This was about 6 months ago. So not sure it was because everything was getting the COVID lock down treatment or if that was their normal speed. So if you have the funds, sounds like it's the way to go. But then again, I haven't tested mine out fully yet. lol

I actually used the same heat shield product before, on my front TD05 header. I made a shield out of aluminum diamond plating and then riveted that product to the back of it. Unbeknownst to me, when I pulled the shielding off last year, the insulation was mostly gone and all that was left was the aluminum top sheet. lol. So it wasn't doing much heat insulating there. However, since it wasn't tied around the header with clamps or anything, I think the road wind just blew it all off. So you'll probably have better luck with it, since your setup looks easier to wrap and clamp.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Everything looks good. I'm anal retentive for symmetry. lol.

I know with welding, pin hole leaks are pretty common. That's the only reason I really bring it up. :)

Yeah I hear you there. Not being a sales man for ATP, but they were super fast. They had my shielding done in 5 business day. This was about 6 months ago. So not sure it was because everything was getting the COVID lock down treatment or if that was their normal speed. So if you have the funds, sounds like it's the way to go. But then again, I haven't tested mine out fully yet. lol

I actually used the same heat shield product before, on my front TD05 header. I made a shield out of aluminum diamond plating and then riveted that product to the back of it. Unbeknownst to me, when I pulled the shielding off last year, the insulation was mostly gone and all that was left was the aluminum top sheet. lol. So it wasn't doing much heat insulating there. However, since it wasn't tied around the header with clamps or anything, I think the road wind just blew it all off. So you'll probably have better luck with it, since your setup looks easier to wrap and clamp.
Oh yea, your build was the other one I was thinking about. I pop in there from time to time to read but didn't remember who's project it was.

I'll see how well this holds up. I know I will eventually have to redo the front manifold anyway so if I have to make the switch it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Shes coming together real nice. Whats all left after the piping?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Shes coming together real nice. Whats all left after the piping?
I keep a list on my phones notes-

Battery
Oil and fluids
Tack Valve cover baffles back in
Weld wastegate dump tube
Wiring harness
Reseal brakes and install pads
Put transmission together (waiting on midcase brace)
Wire in COP
Wire in gauges

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I ran out of argon after the last post, then found out the ball joints on my truck were bad. Had to wait a week to get the parts then knocked them out last weekend.

Anyway, passenger side is done. Fuel line is ran up to the rails and I made a bracket for the FPR out of the factory cruise control bracket - just waiting on the paint to dry.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·

·
Registered
17,547 Posts
You've probably addressed this but it's gotta be your chief concern so.. How are you keeping the fuel lines from playing with the glowing red hot pipes?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
You've probably addressed this but it's gotta be your chief concern so.. How are you keeping the fuel lines from playing with the glowing red hot pipes?
The full turbo kit and downpipe will be getting wrapped with a diy inconel wrap from heatsheild products and a turbo blanket. The fuel lines, shift cables, and wiring are all a good bit away from the piping but will also be getting sleeved and wrapped with stuff. And a fire extinguisher mounted in the car just in case..

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Just read the whole thread, great work man.

Subscribed.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Fuel lines done. Going to put the flex fuel sensor in once I get the car on a rack again. Just working on the wiring harness and valve covers while I wait on the mid case brace.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It hard to tell from the pictures, but is your AFPR in between the front and back fuel rail? Or do you have two feeds and are using both ports on the AFPR and a long crazy return line to eliminate the fuel loop?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
It hard to tell from the pictures, but is your AFPR in between the front and back fuel rail? Or do you have two feeds and are using both ports on the AFPR and a long crazy return line to eliminate the fuel loop?
The feed line runs from the pump on the passenger side of the car to a filter in the stock location up to a Y right before the rails then comes out of the rails into both sides of the regulator, down out the bottom of the regulator, and the return runs down the driver side back to the pump.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yea that's what I figured but the combination of the picture angle and me looking at it on a phone made it look like it was in between the rails which would be an interesting setup to say the least.

You need to get this beast fired up.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
My brace for the midcase should be shipped to me soon. I decided to make a YouTube channel to document and get me motivated the remainder of the build(s). For the next updates I'll post a video of the progress and pictures.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Still waiting on the midcase brace but here's a little progress in the meantime.

Welded an fittings on the valvecovers and then shut the old fittings. Removed the unnecessary screw holes on the front cover. Now sending them to be powdercoated.

Did a little heatsheilding but still have to get more supplies

I included some of the work in this YouTube video if that's your thing, the first part of the video is me finding out the 2jz for my wife's supra needs to go to a machine shop after coming back from a machine shop...

201 - 220 of 231 Posts