Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I always get hyped up, when I see you post. lol. That's the coolest downpipe I've ever seen. Very unique and looks great! That's also a sheot ton of pie cuts and welding! lol.
Haha thanks, I did take the idea from Brian's car though. Really its the only way to fit a 4" back there. Welding it up sucked for sure though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
You are getting better at welding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I keep trying to get better and understand it more.

·
One fix at a time
7,989 Posts
You might as well ask about some wastegate placement options here without doing a hood exit. We talked about quite a few but there could be others who knows.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
O2 sensor bungs welded in

Cold side top piping tacked up

Now, the plan was to run a/c - I'm still hoping to, but the drier no longer fits. I'm also pretty sure the bigger hose that goes over the top wont fit either... anyone have any ideas?

·
One fix at a time
7,989 Posts
I can’t help on the A/C stuff since my car had it deleted long before I owned it, but I will say I have TIG welded a number of A/C fittings and so far never had any issues with pressure or leaking on various domestic vehicles and old school retrofits. You can very easily fab up a custom line setup since you can weld aluminum. Your first beads already look way better than when I started!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Wastegate added. Now just need to finish the intercooler piping and make a wastegate dump tube.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Where is the wastegate dump tube going to route? Down by the transmission and out around the wheel? I was hoping the location you ended up with the wastegate would fit.
I have it there now because I have options. The 1st idea is to dump it in front of the trans at the ground. But I can put the dump tube wherever I want really, I can even recirc from here if open wastegate gets annoying - or if the underhood temps are too hot then I can go out the hood like Brian did.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,204 Posts
Looking good. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Blue3kGTSL

·
Marshall Taylor
1,204 Posts
Thanks. What's the latest on yours?

I have my car mechanically done. I have a little more fiberglass work to do on the front clip, fenders and side skirts. Then it will be ready for paint. Hopefully, we will both be riding again soon.

Marshall

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I broke the bandsaw blade during the week so I can't cut piping again until Wednesday, but I decided to weld up what was already cut and pieced together.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Very nice. Cleanest build right now.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Awesome man. Super stoked to see this thing running. Great job on getting that FMIC centered! Are you planning on pressure testing all of the welds? Also, what's your game plan on thermal management, for the exhaust headers?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Awesome man. Super stoked to see this thing running. Great job on getting that FMIC centered! Are you planning on pressure testing all of the welds? Also, what's your game plan on thermal management, for the exhaust headers?
The front mount itself already had mounts so I cant take credit for that part being centered. ETS did a fine job with that haha. I was however extremely picky with two visible pipes being even, I'm happy where they ended up now.

As for pressure testing, it didn't really cross my mind so I haven't thought about how I would get that accomplished.

For the turbo manifold and downpipe, I was going to send it out to the same place Brian and the other current stroker thread did but I'm anxious to get this going and don't want to deal with the turn around. I found this and decided to try this out first.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts