Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know it's too bad that my first post on the 3Si boards has to be a problem, but I guess it's better than not posting at all.

I recently bought a '91 Stealth ES. Everything seems to be running fine except for a problem with the clutch. Over the period of the day my clutch lost it's strength and it became nearly impossible to shift gears while idle (mostly in and out of reverse). I checked the resevoir for the clutch fluid and that was completely empty, so I filled it up and pumped the clutch a few dozen times to try to get it to hopefully work up to par. I let it sit over night and it still is not working that well. I was thinking that there's probably a leak somewhere in the line and that air was getting in, so I'm probably going to have it bled. Do you guys know of any particular spot where it is more likely to get a hole. I'm also hoping it's not my slave cylandar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks bros.:)

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Its probably your slave cylinder. I would actually hope that it is your slave. Its easy to do yourself. And runs about 50 for a new part. or 15 for a rebuild kit.

Hope its not your clutch Master! That is a Mother Hubberd to install

Tuan

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Look on top of the tranny, on the rear side near the engine. If there is fluid puddled up there, then your slave cylinder is leaking.

Look under the carpet under the clutch pedal, if you find fluid there, then your master cylinder is leaking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the SAME problem, I would fill it up and well get 3 miles with min clutching and it was emty, It eventually empty everytime I clutched,

Took it in , My slave was shot and Master was cracked.. 175
bucks for both replaced...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts