Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pocketlogger low, mid and high fuel trims are ALWAYS 81%.
Anyone else with a pocketlogger notice this on theirs? I've changed ARC2 settings, cranked boost up, lowered boost, sprayed more alcohol and the trims NEVER change. I'm guessing that it's just another feature that doesn't work on our cars, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Couple of other things that never change are:
Barometer = 79
Air Volume = 0
Air Temp = 66 deg.
Still an excellent tuning tool.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing. My coolant temp will reach a high of 204 deg. Does that sound about normal? Is there anything that will keep it 15-20 degrees cooler? I get knock counts of 15-20 in 1st and 5-15 in 2nd when the coolant temp is above 190. I get zero knock in all gears when the coolant temps are below 190. Alcohol comes on at 10psi and pump volume is set at max. It appears that the ECU isn't retarding timing much at all with knock counts less than 13. (usually 1-2 degrees) 15 knock counts starts pulling about 4-5 degrees and higher knock counts SUCK. Thanks in advance for any advise.

·
1,280 Posts
Barometric pressure and intake air temp are fixed values with the ARC unit installed unless you are still running the stock MAF.

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
J92RT/TT said:
My pocketlogger low, mid and high fuel trims are ALWAYS 81%.
So are mine. Well maybe 82% sometimes. This means the ECM is subtracting fuel when in closed loop mode. These are not used in open loop mode (accelerating). I have 550s and 15G and my settings are to minimize knock at 17-18 psi boost (5800' ASL). The low %s don't bother me as the ARM1s show cyling most of the time, which means the mixture close to stoichiometric.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's confusing is that pocketlogger FAQ lists the lower fuel trims as being too rich. My O2 voltage fluctuates between .88-.96 during WOT, but the trims never change, even if O2 voltage drops to .70. I have stopped logging runs with fuel trims, barometer and air volume on as they never change and to me are useless. Hopefully Mike at pocketlogger will develop our vehicle specific updates soon. How much knock do you usually get at 17-18psi? What's you're highest coolant temps.
If I could keep the coolant temps below 190, I could run with zero knock at 17psi on my 13g's. When the coolant temps go above 190, I start getting knock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts