Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying new 720 injectors for my car. i already bought my supra fuel pump, but i have a question. When i install these, will it do anything bad to my car since ill still be running my stock turbos? Or will it help me out? Do i have to do anything special to get it running up to par?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You'll need a fuel controller. In my case, I went with the ARC-2 fuel controller which replaces the MAS with a free-flow type. With stock turbos, and 550 injectors, I did notice an increase in performance.

·
Registered
856 Posts
You'll need a fuel controller as well. I'd suggest the Split Second ARC2 fuel controller (about $1k):

http://www.dynamicracing.com/3000GT___Stealth/FUEL_SYSTEMS/fuel_systems.html

With those oversized injectors, you'll run so rich you're car will probably just stall out everytime you start it. Think of it this way:

Normally, when you press 10% of the throttle, the injectors then flow 10% of the max they can flow. This will be *DOUBLE* the factory amount with the new inectors (360 x 2 = 720).

.jon

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so what size injectors should i go with? 550? or is that still to large? ill be running dr650s to... someone told me dynamic racing said dr650s should use injectors that are 660 or more.... is that true?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts