Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
Lol. Damn alright then!

I mean it only makes sense that e85 will help with my low fuel trim problem too I think.

I’m not sure if anyone has ran 50/50 with an arc 2. Generally you keep the mid knob at -7. Wonder if that’ll change with a 50/50 mix?
The only reason to do a 50/50 mix before going full e85 is just to have a stepping stone so your fuel supply requirements dont change by ~30% all at once. Aside from that there's no reason you cant just consume or pump out all your current gas and fill with E85. In general E85 is going to be a lot more forgiving with AFRs while tuning as well. If you are REALLY worried about tune being off and getting some dangerous knock, you can consider putting an additive in for some extra octane when you are first tuning for the ethanol. I went with some boostane, which is pretty popular with S/C V8s and also on the BMW forums where i spend a decent amount of time (i daily a modded 335i, running E30). I decided to put in 8oz of boostane into my 3000gt when i went to basically full E85, which should have raised my octane by around 7 points based on how much gas i had in the tank. Once my tune was pretty good i literally turned my MBC all the way up and I'm getting around 16psi or so since i have stock wastegate springs. No knock and low 11s AFRs.

Note if you run this a lot your plugs will turn orange.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don’t think 660s can support full e85 on my setup.

@HOSS it’s not that bad lol. ate you or @jrhorne using any of the top 3 ports on the throttle body for any thing? I can move my afpr line easy, but then I’d need to T into something to run to my boost gauge still.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Just re read that, I’m going to just do the 50/50 mix

·
Registered
471 Posts
my throttle body ports are closed off
you will get more out of a e 85 tune with the set up that you have

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
I don’t think 660s can support full e85 on my setup.

@HOSS it’s not that bad lol. ate you or @jrhorne using any of the top 3 ports on the throttle body for any thing? I can move my afpr line easy, but then I’d need to T into something to run to my boost gauge still.
No I'm not using any of those 3. My boost gauge is actually T'd off of the brake booster or something i think. I did vacuum reduction and deletes recently, but i never changed that since i bought the car like 13 years ago lol.

As far as the injectors go, they definitely could if you cranked up fuel pressure a little. Even with 'normal' fuel pressure im sure you could run close to 20psi without a problem. You will need more than the supra pump though. As Hoss said though, pumps are really cheap. A warlboro 450 or equivalent will be more than enough for full e85 on your setup. I think the supra pump hotwired will support 50/50 mix

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You guys are bad influences lol. The only problem I can see now with going full E85 is that the car may sit with the same e85 in it for awhile. In the winter they salt around here and I currently have a rust free car that came from california so it wont be seeing much drive time for the next 3 months possibly.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
You guys are bad influences lol. The only problem I can see now with going full E85 is that the car may sit with the same e85 in it for awhile. In the winter they salt around here and I currently have a rust free car that came from california so it wont be seeing much drive time for the next 3 months possibly.
Just start it every once in a while and you should be fine. I tried out this additive, and i think its the one @bboyalan said he runs too? https://www.walmart.com/ip/LUCAS-OIL-10576-Safeguard-Ethanol-Fuel-Conditioner-16-Ounce/17491940?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&&adid=22222222227017563400&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=85361656130&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-75169471935&wl5=9031536&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=17491940&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsuSA9Pux7AIVnSCtBh2k4wppEAQYASABEgIMZvD_BwE

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,323 Posts
Just start it every once in a while and you should be fine. I tried out this additive, and i think its the one @bboyalan said he runs too?
Yes indeedy - every tank for the past 10 years on all cars (regardless of mine or not)

VP has their own version too, but Lucas' is more affordable and convenient.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,323 Posts
Damn, an extra 9$ every tank? I guess that offsets the price difference of 93 so its not too bad.
No, it is four ounces per tank, and each bottle contains 16oz.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
Ah! much better! That pill I can swallow.

So.... keep my 660's, raise fuel pressure, buy better fuel pump, fill with E85, feel real power lol.
Essentially yes. But I'm sure you can easily run E85 on WG pressure (7-10psi) with your turbos and the hotwired supra pump on base fuel pressure. With my 550s and the hotwired pump i see 16psi or so with 13gs and the pump has no problem keeping up. Stock FPR, probably overran. So it just depends if you want to experiment with the E85 with current pump, or just go all in and install the pump and go E85 after that.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well my harness showed up to wire in my fuel pressure sending unit.

Driving home today with a migraine I got sick of seeing 10.0 on the wideband and started messing with stuff. Always good to do while driving with a migraine. Ended up with cel because I moved the accel knob to much and once off the highway it was pissed. Another thing I did today was get rid of the lcdbc holding the wastegates closed. But anyways I put everything back and said wth and set the low one click back, viola, she’s happy. 14.7 while cruising, it idles good and I hit 18.3psi with only 1 knock. The low fuel trim moves now. From 86 to 81, back and forth, not just constant 81 lol. The only issue is on a hot restart it can’t get enough fuel, hopefully that’s because my fuel psi is low (40psi instead of 43.5) and once it goes up it can control that better too. But I need to get that sending unit wired up.

small success I’d say.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well planning to go to the track tonight. Going to just run 15-16psi, maybe 18 but this is the first car I am worried about blowing up lol. Main reason for the track is because weather is going to be great. Maybe in the 50s.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
God damnit. Fail city over here.

[email protected] [email protected], [email protected]

I think half the problem was the launch, the other half may have been it had no fuel map since the battery was unplugged until I drove there and all it saw was 40mph. Got 4 knock counts max, 3 on 2nd run at 19.4psi. It was a shit show lol. 19.4psi and a 14.2, blame that on the 2.65 60’ FACE PLANT.

So yea, it’s not running right. Probably needed more drive time to load fuel maps. Funny thing is it drove the best yet on the way there all city. But I never got the high fuel trim to adjust and it’s doing that now.

feeling like a failure with this car. it’s not blown up at least.

best part about the car is that Seattle short shifter lol. Didn’t miss a gear

21 - 40 of 68 Posts