Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I have a 91 VR4 - FIPK, custom exhaust, no mufflers, no cats, Manual boost.

My question is, keeping my stock turbos, what can I do to increase my HP? I've heard talk of Fuel Management Systems: What should I get? ARC II? S-AFC? AVC? I'm not up on this stuff, but have heard these will increase the performance of my car.

Second question: Here are my best times at the 1/8th mile track this season, does anyone know what kind of improvement in my times I can expect to see by installing any of the above?

R/T: .018 or .518 (Our track subtracts the .500)
60': 1.809
E.T. 8.461
MPH 81.701

Thanks everyone!

Sean

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Sean! As you may know, Shawn has a Super AFC and is having it tuned at Altered Atmosphere in a few weeks. He will then get it dyno'd maybe with a Supra fuel pump and HKS ignition. They say that you may be able to gain 5hp with just that alone. You can ad bigger injectors, HKS or MSD ignition and an aftermarket fuel pump and probably see better results. Let him be the guinnea pig!:D But remeber, he drives an auto, so the results would be better for you!;)

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Matt

:) Thanks for the info. Haven't talked to you in a while. Good to hear from ya! Shawn & I have talked about his S-AFC. Just trying to get some opinions on what to do next :D

Sean

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have an ARCII & its pretty good, just make sure u get a large fuel pump as well, or else, Boom

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Countach

Thanks for the info. An upgraded fuel pump & injectors are in my plans. BOOM! That doesn't sound good. What are the advantages/disadvantages between an in-tank pump and an external pump. Also, where & how much does the ARC II cost? Thanks buddy :)

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts