Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my recent post in the lounge, I was saying That i've now resorted to taking my girls gar to work cuz I get poor milage w/ my 3kgt Sl. I get about 345 miles per fill-up. and some guys are getting 405 - 410, and one claimed 500 miles per tank...

Just bought this car 2 onth ago, know nothing about it, did replace the air filter though, it was DIRTY !!
This weekend, tomorrow (friday) actually was thinking of changing the fuel filter and plugs, I was the How-to on the plugs, on andrew capels (sp?) website. I think I can do.

Question, is there a how-to on the fuel filter ?!?

If so please post link... If Not, How do i do this, Is it in the TANK, or in the engine bay ?!? Please help.

Also would those 2 things result in that much milage diference !?!

thanks all.

·
1,568 Posts

·
W*** Member #031
2,159 Posts
If you need some help with the plugs and wires I've done it about 4 times so let me know if you need some help and I'll show you how to do it. I live in milwaukee so I should be pretty close to you.
Later, Mike

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
That gas mileage really isn't "horrible".. your gas mileage really depends on how you drive, where you drive (hills, flat roads, etc), and if you drive in stop and go traffic a lot..

Around town, going up and down hills, and in stop and go traffic my mileage per tank would be roughly 400 miles or so.. if I go on a long trip though, on the highway, i average close to 500 miles on a tank.

Get some fuel injector cleaner.. one or more of your fuel injectors could be clogged.. how many miles are on your car? a fuel filter change would not be a bad idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts