Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Looking for a few opinions on this one.
I recently had the engine rebuilt on my VR4, and while they were at it, I figured that I would take advantage of the situation and have a new set of turbos installed at the same time. So, I had them install a set of DR-500's. My question is this...with the mods that I have listed below, should I go with an AFC with injectors or should I look into an ARC-2? My mods:

- Brand New DR-500's (10 miles on them)
- HKS EVC IV
- Greddy Type S
- Supra Fuel Pump
- DN Performance Y-Pipe and Intercooler Pipes
- K&N FIPK (with Cold Air Wall)
- Evans NPG+ Non Aqueous Coolant (a "sleeper")
- Boost and Air/Fuel Gauges by Greddy (with Peak Hold and Warning)
- Plus many other intangibles
- In the future, I plan on installing upgraded intercoolers or FMIC and an Aquamist system as well.

I plan on installing a set of RC Engineering 550cc injectors during this winter, but am unsure whether to go with a S-AFC, AFR, or ARC-2. With my set-up, which would be the best (wisest option). By the way, I am looking to achieve high 11's.
Thanks for any input, Jim

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I don't think it matters a whole lot really. Basically, the only thing you really need to take into consideration is do you plan on going with bigger turbos ever? If you do, you'll most likely go with a bigger injector and need to either upgrade to an ARC2 or install a VPC with your AFC.
If you can answer that question than that should make your decision pretty easy. ;)
good luck,

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
go ArcII - it's easier to tune than the SAFC. The greater ability TO tune the SAFC means it's inheriently harder to tune.

The ArcII is simple, and allows you to retain a MAF. I recommend the EMS more, but if budget allows, and 550's is all- do ARCII

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel

Guys,

I do not plan on going with turbos larger than the DR-500's anytime soon. I am looking for a very fast car, but don't want to push the envelope when it comes to reliability. It seems to me that a set of maxed-out DR-500's should do the job without me having to replace engines and transmissions every other year.
When using the ARC-2, how much of a difference does the upgraded MAF make? Also, can you purchase an ARC-2 anywhere where you can buy just the ARC-2 (without the A/F Ratio and cone)? I already have a Greddy A/F Gauge...do I need the Split Second one as well? Seems unnecessary to me.
Sorry for so many questions, Jim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARC-2

Shadowfax,

Good idea. I've been talking to Matt today via e-mail, and I never thought to ask him about it.
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jim - been a long time. The yellow 3000 is now dead, but replaced;) . The new one is a year newer and already modded decently. It's a blast to drive, but I'm starting to forget because of the weather lately:( . I took her out yesterday to go to a job interview and didn't go above 35mph.

Glad to see you got your VR4 back and running. I'd offer some advice on which to chose, but I'd definitely be talking out of my ass
:D Good luck with whatever you chose.

Dan

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuel

Dan,

Drop me a private message and one of these days I'll have you over at my place for a few beers and a lot of 3000GT talk. Just give me a couple of days notice, or my fiancee will kick my ass (I will have to clean the house). By the way, I live in Belle Valley, near the intersection of East Gore and Conrad.
Take it easy, Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.